UNLV @ #22 Oregon (Sat 8 PM ESPN 2)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'll be there, anyone else going?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Re: UNLV @ #22 Oregon (Sat 8 PM ESPN 2)

Post by Greenblood »

My wife and I plan to be there. We'll be coming down from the Seattle area, though, so I hope there are not significant winter weather issues.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

I will be there as well
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'll be there with a good friend of mine who runs a cool Ducks website :-P
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Am I crazy or is that Bouchie in a walking boot?
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I don't seem to see him warming up and it looked like it could have been him sitting on the bench, although my angle isn't good. Injuries . . .

Edit: Yeah , looks definite. I'm afraid this season might be much more of a grind than I was anticipating.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Ducks largely controlled the first half, but Ennis's blown layup followed by UNLV"s 3-pointer allows the Rebels to be within 4. Unfortunately a few bad calls that went against the Ducks along with some sloppy ball handling also contributed to that.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Great game by Bell, who continues to evolve offensively, and some big shots by Dorsey, both off the drive and from behind the arc. And it really looks like Brooks, who started for the first time this season, is starting to get his game together. Good timing, too, as the Ducks will need all the help they can get with Boucher out who knows how long. Sorkin and Bigby-Williams also had their moments. Ducks seemed generally focused tonight.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I was there! Great game and I loved being there. Hopefully Boucher is OK. I took my wife to her first duck game and she instantly fell in love with Bell, guess it's hard to compete with him huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I was there! Great game and I loved being there. Hopefully Boucher is OK. I took my wife to her first duck game and she instantly fell in love with Bell, guess it's hard to compete with him huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol lots of women fall in love with Bell. I remember around campus he would always have a group of them around him. Lol He actually seems like a nice guy too.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

This game was a great sign. The team played with more poise and urgency than any other game so far this season. I've always thought it would eventually come when P12 conference play started, but it's nice to see them do it before the UCLA game.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

UNLV is totally incompetent. This game had more to do with the total incompetence of UNLV than anything the Ducks did, so reading too much positive into it would probably be a mistake. This same UNLV team lost to a mediocre Arizona State team by 24 and to Duke by close to 50. Letting UNLV hang around for a half before pulling away for a 20 point victory isn't anything to get overly excited about.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

gogreen55 wrote:UNLV is totally incompetent. This game had more to do with the total incompetence of UNLV than anything the Ducks did, so reading too much positive into it would probably be a mistake. This same UNLV team lost to a mediocre Arizona State team by 24 and to Duke by close to 50. Letting UNLV hang around for a half before pulling away for a 20 point victory isn't anything to get overly excited about.
We also didn't have our best player.... And were caught in foul trouble early
Return Of the Quack!
UofDuck
Senior

UNLV @ #22 Oregon (Sat 8 PM ESPN 2)

Post by UofDuck »

I've lost a ton of confidence in this team. I thought they'd be very special, but I'm just not seeing it yet. I keep waiting for the switch to flip, but I'm not sure it's going to.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

UofDuck wrote:I've lost a ton of confidence in this team. I thought they'd be very special, but I'm just not seeing it yet. I keep waiting for the switch to flip, but I'm not sure it's going to.
I agree. I think they are missing a pure shooter who can stretch the defense. They seem to really do well on put backs and in transition, but once the defense gets set they have problems. It seems like any team who gets physical the Ducks or pressures them can create turnovers. That's bad. Hopefully, they keep up the defensive pressure and limit their mistakes, but with conference play coming up..... who knows?