#2 UCLA @ #20 Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: #2 UCLA @ #20 Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by oregontrack »

exactly. ennis is trending upwards.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

We need someone like him to break down defenses with penetration. I'm glad him Brooks, Dorsey, and Pritchard are doing it more often than the start of the year.

Our ball movement is also better.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Phenom wrote:We need someone like him to break down defenses with penetration. I'm glad him Brooks, Dorsey, and Pritchard are doing it more often than the start of the year.

Our ball movement is also better.
exactly when UCLA made that run in the 2nd half Oregon had quit moving
the ball and went stagnet. Once they got back to moving the ball they were fine.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Awesome win. A few minutes in I knew Oregon had it in them. They will be scary down the stretch if they keep it up. This is a pretty veteran/experienced team by college bball standards with plenty of talent.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck07 wrote:I woke up my infant nephew on that shot, lol.

m!
Haha same. I was holding my 7 month old and screamed when Brooks made it and terrified him. He looked mortified and started crying.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Greenblood wrote:Altman's rotation was essentially 7, though Benson played 13 minutes (and was 2-2 from the field, both 3-pointers) and Bigby-Williams played 5.
Both Bigby-Williams and Keith Smith have been major disappointments so far this season. They just aren't playing well enough to provide the type of depth Altman expected to have. Hopefully KBW, in particular, figures it out soon.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

gogreen55 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Altman's rotation was essentially 7, though Benson played 13 minutes (and was 2-2 from the field, both 3-pointers) and Bigby-Williams played 5.
Both Bigby-Williams and Keith Smith have been major disappointments so far this season. They just aren't playing well enough to provide the type of depth Altman expected to have. Hopefully KBW, in particular, figures it out soon.
Teams don't need to go 10 deep. It would be nice if those guys would step up more but it's not absolutely vital unless someone goes down. they've both proven to be at the very least adequate.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I hope there isn't a let down tomorrow against SC.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckfan22 wrote:he also had last night 5 reb 0 fouls and 0 turnovers..
That 0 turnover stat is huge after how this team started this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Phenom wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
Teams don't need to go 10 deep. It would be nice if those guys would step up more but it's not absolutely vital unless someone goes down. they've both proven to be at the very least adequate.
Altman didn't want, and wasn't expecting, to have to play Boucher 27 minutes last night on an injured ankle. He was forced to due to the continued clueless play of Bigby-Williams. I can assure you that people within the program are disappointed and surprised that KBW hasn't adapted more quickly. The point isn't whether or not teams can theoretically get by with essentially a 7 man rotation. The point is one of the strengths of the team this season was supposed to be improved depth, and it hasn't worked out that way yet. Altman simply doesn't trust KBW and Keith Smith at this point, and anyone that has watched the games and understands basketball can see why that is the case.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

it seems like bigby-williams wasn't good right away and now is playing timid because he doesn't want to make mistakes, which of course only leads to more mistakes. i'm of the opinion he'll be a decent option for us next year w/o boucher and potentially w/o bell (should he leave). when he plays i can see what appears to be talent, even if this whole season ends up being a personal lost cause. for comparison's sake, i did not see any potential in waverly austin, another highly rated jc big man, who backed up tony woods for a year before taking over as a senior. there was no hope that austin was going to turn into a viable option for us with a year of major college basketball under his belt. i still have high hopes for bigby-williams as a contributor.

i don't have keith smith's high school stats so i don't know how he performed as a shooter, but he seems fluid and athletic enough when he takes the ball inside. obviously 1/14 from downtown isn't what you want to see. i totally get why altman didn't play him in a game like ucla, which went from zero to sixty right out of the gates. i do hope, and i believe he will, start getting pac-12 minutes as the season rolls on.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I woke up my infant nephew on that shot, lol.

m!
Haha same. I was holding my 7 month old and screamed when Brooks made it and terrified him. He looked mortified and started crying.
Yea, big sporting games and infants don't mix. :D
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

After viewing my recording of the game, I had no idea just how contested EACH of Pritchard's and Brooks's last 3-pointers were. The defender was really right on the shot in each case. They were truly GREAT shots, in more ways than one.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I was gone all last week without TV. Finally watched the game last night, such a huge win for the Ducks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13