Cal @ #11 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Re: Cal @ #11 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by OregonDonor »

Ducks10 wrote:Guys on 247 think it could be a season ending injury. OMG. We're done if that's the case.
Lets hope they're wrong again

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

God damnit...
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

OregonDonor wrote:
Ducks10 wrote:Guys on 247 think it could be a season ending injury. OMG. We're done if that's the case.

He came down on the left foot and just knew something was wrong.

I'm no doctor, but that doesn't seem good
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

I'm just grasping at anything to hope he's not seriously injured, but is it possible to break your foot but walk off with just a limp?
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

Ducks10 wrote:I'm just grasping at anything to hope he's not seriously injured, but is it possible to break your foot but walk off with just a limp?
I think he reinjured the broken bone in his foot somehow, in which case it's completely plausible to walk with a limp.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

DuckedOut wrote:
OregonDonor wrote:

He came down on the left foot and just knew something was wrong.

I'm no doctor, but that doesn't seem good
Injuries are a b*tch!

I don't know how serious it was though. He wasn't grimacing much or anything. He was pleading with a ref while it happened. Just didn't seem like a serious injury, but sometimes serious injuries aren't necessarily as painful.

I'll say this. Jordon Bell is having a helluva night!!

And this team is playing really well together, even without Dillon Brooks. This is a really deep and talented team. They'll be ok regardless.

Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Let's hope Brooks is okay since the ceiling for this team falls from a championship-level with him to about about a Round of 32 or Sweet 16 without him.

As for those still playing, Bell has just been amazing tonight. Cal has looked off all night. Not sure if it's just them or it's Oregon just playing out of their minds right now.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

We're good enough to win a lot of games without Brooks, but we're probably not making the Final Four without him. If he's out for a long time, someone really needs to step up and be the leader. Best candidate is probably Ennis.
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

OregonDonor wrote: Injuries are a b*tch!

I don't know how serious it was though. He wasn't grimacing much or anything. He was pleading with a ref while it happened. Just didn't seem like a serious injury, but sometimes serious injuries aren't necessarily as painful.

And this team is playing really well together, even without Dillon Brooks. This is a really deep and talented team. They'll be ok regardless.

It didn't look serious at all, but you could tell he knew something was wrong. I'm not even sure how he injured it.

They'll be ok, sure. I think we'll still be able to win the conference title without Brooks, but we won't be making a deep run in March if he's not healthy.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

DuckedOut wrote:
OregonDonor wrote: Injuries are a b*tch!

It didn't look serious at all, but you could tell he knew something was wrong. I'm not even sure how he injured it.

They'll be ok, sure. I think we'll still be able to win the conference title without Brooks, but we won't be making a deep run in March if he's not healthy.
Tend to agree, but man, who knows? There's so much talent on this team.

Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

If Bell has gotten a post game and a jumper, that helps mitigate Brook going out with all our other stars. But we need someone like Ennis or Bell to become the emotional leader.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks get the 86-63 win but I think most fans are more concerned with Dillon Brooks' status. I'm hoping it's a sprained foot and not a broken one. If not, they're going to need Ennis and Dorsey to step up and have Keith Smith start giving them better minutes.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Need Dorsey to have more games like tonight and Payton to play well to go along with Ennis, Boucher and Bell.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

greenyellow wrote:Ducks get the 86-63 win but I think most fans are more concerned with Dillon Brooks' status. I'm hoping it's a sprained foot and not a broken one. If not, they're going to need Ennis and Dorsey to step up and have Keith Smith start giving them better minutes.
More likely a break than a sprain. I've broke bones in my foot twice playing basket ball. I new immidiatley it was broke both times. I walked with little pain and a slight limp. However every time I have sprained my ankle it has swelled and been much more painful to the point I couldn't put any wieght on it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

A sprained foot is different than a sprained ankle. Best hope is that he hurt the ligaments in the foot instead of actually breaking a bone.