Cal @ #11 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Re: Cal @ #11 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by Ducks10 »

I'm gonna be pissed if we lose Brooks for the year due to some BS step on!!!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Altman said they won't have any updates for the media on Brooks' health as he'll be evaluated over the next several days. That doesn't sound good.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Sounds like we got a season ender coming if that's the case
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks10 wrote:Sounds like we got a season ender coming if that's the case
And it was on a play that didn't look all that bad. Ennis kind of landed on it and Brooks started walking towards the ref before noticing something was wrong.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

My only hope is that if he broke his ankle or foot, wouldn't they know right away? Any reason Altman wouldn't come out and say that if he knew?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks10 wrote:My only hope is that if he broke his ankle or foot, wouldn't they know right away? Any reason Altman wouldn't come out and say that if he knew?
Either they think they know but don't want to release the info yet until they get a second opinion or it's a hairline or stress crack that's not showing on initial scans. With the hairline fracture, if they do a scan tomorrow and see a slight clouding in the area of the injury, they'll then know his body is repairing a fracture.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Thanks.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

greenyellow wrote:Altman said they won't have any updates for the media on Brooks' health as he'll be evaluated over the next several days. That doesn't sound good.
Disagree. Sounds more like a sprain or tear to me. If it was severe I don't think you would need to evaluate over the next few days because you would already know.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If it's broke, the only good that can come of this, is that I'd bet Brooks would be back next year. He's currently a mid second round pick on mock, and with a foot injury he's probably be knocked down to UDFA.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

buckmarkduck wrote:If it's broke, the only good that can come of this, is that I'd bet Brooks would be back next year. He's currently a mid second round pick on mock, and with a foot injury he's probably be knocked down to UDFA.
Not a chance. Being a second round pick or UDFA is better than being a late first round pick in many situations because the salary is negotiable. There's been numerous situations of second round draft picks getting a better contract than players selected in the late first round before them.

Brooks has shown enough of his ability in college. It's time for him to move on and collect a paycheck, injured or not.
Last edited by Lightning Strikes on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Second rounders are non guaranteed, I think he would be wise to come back if he truly is hurt.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Second rounders are non guaranteed, I think he would be wise to come back if he truly is hurt.
That depends on the contract that's negotiated. Second round players have received guaranteed contracts.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Seems to me this is the situation.

-Brooks broke his left foot this Summer and had a pin put in
-He felt pain in his left foot after Ennis brushed it today and limped
-They will re-evaluate based on imaging tomorrow and how he feels.

I think they're still playing it extra safe with his injury if he feels any pain, either way.

Worst case scenario, he re-broke it(though he didn't seem to be in much pain at all)
Best case scenario, he just felt pain on his re-constructed foot, and they're being extra safe, and he will sit out Stanford, then be fine.
Most likely scenario, they really aren't sure, he may have to play through pain the rest of the season.

No matter what it sucks, Oregon teams are just snake bit whenever we get our hopes up for any sort of football/basketball deep run. What did we do to piss off the sports Gods??!?!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Brooks injury sucks but hopefully it isn't major.

Man we've beat every pac12 team by 19 points or more except ucla. That's insane!!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
paduck
One Star Recruit

Post by paduck »

greenyellow wrote:Let's hope Brooks is okay since the ceiling for this team falls from a championship-level with him to about about a Round of 32 or Sweet 16 without him.

As for those still playing, Bell has just been amazing tonight. Cal has looked off all night. Not sure if it's just them or it's Oregon just playing out of their minds right now.
I completely agree. Oregon can beat any team in the nation with a healthy, in-rhythm Dillon Brooks. Without him, I think they're a scrappy team that bows out in the Sweet 16 or sooner. I'm glad for the win over Cal, but I'd guess Brooks is out indefinitely and that's a bad, bad result.