Cal @ #11 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: Cal @ #11 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
Ducks10 wrote:My only hope is that if he broke his ankle or foot, wouldn't they know right away? Any reason Altman wouldn't come out and say that if he knew?
Either they think they know but don't want to release the info yet until they get a second opinion or it's a hairline or stress crack that's not showing on initial scans. With the hairline fracture, if they do a scan tomorrow and see a slight clouding in the area of the injury, they'll then know his body is repairing a fracture.
What he said. X-ray could initially be inconclusive necessitating additional X-rays in the coming days, a bone scan or MRI to look for soft tissue damage etc. Broken feet are weird and can be hard to properly diagnose, especially in someone who has history with feet issues.

Does anyone know what part of his foot he broke initially? Some type of breaks are more prone to re-injury a la Dez Bryant, Sammy Watkins, Kevin Durant and so on. If you follow the NBA, that's why the 76'ers are playing it so safe with Ben Simmons.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Man, I love this team. Obviously hoping Brooks is OK. Great to see Bell show his stuff; that steal to euro-step to finger roll was a thing of beauty.

They are also playing extremely well defensively. They've allowed only one opponent to score more than 70 points all season, and it was UCLA, the 3rd highest scoring team in the nation. Also leading the nation in block by a large margin.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

There is a really good foot doctor in Eugene at least. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he is able to come back while letting some more of our bench take on some more minutes.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Ducks10 wrote:My only hope is that if he broke his ankle or foot, wouldn't they know right away? Any reason Altman wouldn't come out and say that if he knew?
Either they think they know but don't want to release the info yet until they get a second opinion or it's a hairline or stress crack that's not showing on initial scans. With the hairline fracture, if they do a scan tomorrow and see a slight clouding in the area of the injury, they'll then know his body is repairing a fracture.
What he said. X-ray could initially be inconclusive necessitating additional X-rays in the coming days, a bone scan or MRI to look for soft tissue damage etc. Broken feet are weird and can be hard to properly diagnose, especially in someone who has history with feet issues.

Does anyone know what part of his foot he broke initially? Some type of breaks are more prone to re-injury a la Dez Bryant, Sammy Watkins, Kevin Durant and so on. If you follow the NBA, that's why the 76'ers are playing it so safe with Ben Simmons.
I don't know which bone he broke in his foot, but when I was in high school I broke a small bone in my foot playing basketball and I get recurring pain every ounce in a while. I actually refractured it 2 years ago while on an extended backpacking trip in the same place. Hopefully he doesn't have recurring issues his whole life, but it might be something he has to deal with.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Brooks was seen at practice today in a walking boot. Still nothing definitive.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

And Boucher was in a walking boot after he sprained his ankle so it doesn't mean he broke anything