#5 Arizona @ #13 Oregon (Sat 1 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: #5 Arizona @ #13 Oregon (Sat 1 PM ESPN)

Post by nogerO »

UofDuck wrote:Aunt Penny and Uncle Phil brought the Karma!!!!!
Didn't you hear? l They bought the refs too. :roll: :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Pretty good summary from Tucson

Post by nogerO »

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I have never heard Matt Court that loud in the 10 or so games I have been to. The Ducks being NBA Jam style on fire from the 3 point line certainly helped get the crowd into a hysterical frenzy but even pregame, it was an electric atmosphere. McCoy had to love being there for that game.

With that being said, I hate the student section with an undying passion. Idiots get a delay of game 15 seconds into the game for trying to be cute with the Lebron style chalk cloud covering everyone surrounding them and covering the court. I was hoping Altman would kick the entire damn student section out of the game for that. Such crap. I hate being a 'get off my lawn' type but that was stupid. Impact the game by being loud, impairing their ability to communicate, not by actually interrupting the game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:I have never heard Matt Court that loud in the 10 or so games I have been to. The Ducks being NBA Jam style on fire from the 3 point line certainly helped get the crowd into a hysterical frenzy but even pregame, it was an electric atmosphere. McCoy had to love being there for that game.

With that being said, I hate the student section with an undying passion. Idiots get a delay of game 15 seconds into the game for trying to be cute with the Lebron style chalk cloud covering everyone surrounding them and covering the court. I was hoping Altman would kick the entire damn student section out of the game for that. Such crap. I hate being a 'get off my lawn' type but that was stupid. Impact the game by being loud, impairing their ability to communicate, not by actually interrupting the game.
Yeah, in our day we snuck whiskey and tequila in under our belts and tried to bait Salim Stoudemire into betting money on pregame warm-up shots. Lol. Actually that game was nuckin futs in The Pit and Mac even though they got up by 20 early.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Duck24 wrote:I have never heard Matt Court that loud in the 10 or so games I have been to. The Ducks being NBA Jam style on fire from the 3 point line certainly helped get the crowd into a hysterical frenzy but even pregame, it was an electric atmosphere. McCoy had to love being there for that game.

Trust me, even most of the students hate that section of the student section. Super weird crew run that area along the baseline and try to police everything for all 2,000 students in attendance. Honestly that group has killed the vibe for the entirety of the student section more times than I can count. Yesterday was just one more example of that.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Guys....i cheered loud.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

Unbelievable performance by these Ducks. If they can carry that momentum into the L.A. road trip they will be I great shape to get a 1 seed.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Didn't actually make it to the game. too many regrets. :(
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

justducky0 wrote:Guys....i cheered loud.
Ditto. Best Ducks basketball game and environment I've ever been to, by a lot.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Agreed it was the loudest and best crowd at the new arena, UCLA was pretty good towards the end but this was on another level.

I have to disagree with you about the student section. It was not a "Lebron Style" chalk toss, it was in reference Alonzo Trier's suspension and PED use. They also had a 2nd part of it they were going to do that they stopped once the delay of game happened so they were obviously aware that it was a bit much. I assume they had planned for it to just go up in the air, not get on the court.

This is college sports, the students are supposed to be a part of it. They are kids, they sometimes go a little far, but it's all in fun. Dana gave nothing but props to the crowd, as he should have.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

pudgejeff wrote:

Agreed it was the loudest and best crowd at the new arena, UCLA was pretty good towards the end but this was on another level.

I have to disagree with you about the student section. It was not a "Lebron Style" chalk toss, it was in reference Alonzo Trier's suspension and PED use. They also had a 2nd part of it they were going to do that they stopped once the delay of game happened so they were obviously aware that it was a bit much. I assume they had planned for it to just go up in the air, not get on the court.

This is college sports, the students are supposed to be a part of it. They are kids, they sometimes go a little far, but it's all in fun. Dana gave nothing but props to the crowd, as he should have.
They got some of that powder all over Uncle Phil. No more free shirts or shoes for the Pit Crew. :lol:
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I agree with those of you who had suggested that the Colorado loss might have been just what the Ducks needed, even as extremely aggravating as it was in keeping DA 0 for Boulder. Even the subsequent narrow win at home vs. ASU fit into that theme for me. That's why I wasn't going to be shocked at a decisive Ducks win over the Wildcats, though of course I never would have imagined what actually happened.