All Pac-12

Re: Troy Brown Highlights

Post by Phenom »

He's amazing.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Consensus 5-star, ranked in nation's top 20 prospects by both ESPN and Rivals. Oregon's biggest recruit since Malik Hairston in 2004. I'm hyped.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

In many of those highlights, he looks like he's toying with the opposition before finishing them off. Just so smooth and effortless. Can't wait to see him suit up as a Duck.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

A day after attending the LSI tourny and watching 6'10 Bagley III dominate I saw a clip of Brown absolutely posterizing him. That was when I realized how legit Brown is. Can't wait till he's on campus.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If anyone is interested, check out some recent highlights of Kigab. The way he attacks the rim and his post-up game remind me of a cross between Elgin Cook/Dillon Brooks. While he's hitting a few outside jumpers, he's going to need to work on that since he's not always going to get to the rim in college.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:If anyone is interested, check out some recent highlights of Kigab. The way he attacks the rim and his post-up game remind me of a cross between Elgin Cook/Dillon Brooks. While he's hitting a few outside jumpers, he's going to need to work on that since he's not always going to get to the rim in college.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Kigab is so strong. Probably why he's such a great finisher.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:Kigab is so strong. Probably why he's such a great finisher.
It'll be interesting if he can keep that slashing/driving ability once he's in a college weight program since he's pretty well-built in the lower half and his upper body is not far behind. Based on this scouting report, it sounds like he's an emotional player like Brooks that will need to learn how to control that energy. I guess that's not surprising since he's best friends with Brooks.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Abu-Kigab-89496/
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Interesting to see how Brown's game transfers to a more structured system.

Some of those moves look like a taller Joe Young.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

greenyellow wrote:
Phenom wrote:Kigab is so strong. Probably why he's such a great finisher.
It'll be interesting if he can keep that slashing/driving ability once he's in a college weight program since he's pretty well-built in the lower half and his upper body is not far behind. Based on this scouting report, it sounds like he's an emotional player like Brooks that will need to learn how to control that energy. I guess that's not surprising since he's best friends with Brooks.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Abu-Kigab-89496/
It's funny because he seems like an identical player to Dillon when he first got here. Really raw, not quite as athletic as you'd expect. Seems a little uncoordinated, but then not. Doesn't look very quick, but gets to spots you wouldn't expect him to be able to. Very deliberate in the things he does. Hopefully he can develop the same way Dillon has!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Here's a crazy pic of Bailey, at 6'3 his head is about level with the rim. We are bringing in some serious athletic players next year. I personally don't remember UO having a pg who could jump like that, that shot reminds be of Freddy Jones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

I believe we will get McCoy, so this will end up being the best recruiting class we've ever had. Altman did it with JuCo transfers and other transfers, then he did it with 3 stars, now he's doing it with 4 stars (Brooks, Bell, etc.) and a 5 star (Dorsey). And now we're possibly getting two 5 stars, a very good 4 star, and a high 3/low 4 star. Exciting stuff!
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Ducks10 wrote:I believe we will get McCoy, so this will end up being the best recruiting class we've ever had. Altman did it with JuCo transfers and other transfers, then he did it with 3 stars, now he's doing it with 4 stars (Brooks, Bell, etc.) and a 5 star (Dorsey). And now we're possibly getting two 5 stars, a very good 4 star, and a high 3/low 4 star. Exciting stuff!
The saying about reloading instead of rebuilding. Altman seems to be reloading, except with bigger guns each year. If Dorsey would stay we could have 3 5*. Pritchard led West Linn HS to 4 consecutive state titles and I was glad he chose Ducks; great player. Then I watch Brown's highlights. We are becoming or have become a basketball power.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Some Bailey highlights showing off his athleticism:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13