Brandon mccoy visiting today...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: Brandon mccoy visiting today...

Post by Phalanx »

yeah, Brooks does his work with very little separation and seems to get by a lot on energy. He is a good passer, but I would be surprised if he makes it in the NBA. He doesn't seem to have an edge in his game that will take him to the next level. Just my non-expert impression.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Brooks should go pro after this year. His stock won't get any higher.

Bell depends on how far we go in March and how much exposure he gets. He's already a 4th year junior who is 22, so I think him, along with Dorsey will be toss ups.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

I think Brooks goes pro for all the reasons stated above.

Bell has improved a lot since he got here, and if he continues to improve his jump shot he could be a great fit in the NBA. Not a lot of guys with his athleticism and defensive abilities who can also step back and knock down open shots.

I think if he has a good tourney Dorsey leaves, but I think it's the wrong call. Brooks/Bell leave he has the chance to be the focal point of the offense and really boost his draft stock. Not sure if he's up to the task, as I see his NBA future as little more than a 3 and D 2 guard.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I think we all think Dorsey should stay but who knows if that's what he thinks...
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

To get back on topic, I think it should not be lost that he came on an unofficial . He paid his own way to visit again. Also what is the the connection between him and Dwayne Benjamin ? Seems like there is something there.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Sad Sports Fan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:One, they will find a spot for McCoy period.

Two my buddy runs a camp, and said when Bell was there he measured in at just a hair over 6'6. If he was 6'9, I'd say go, but 6'6 maybe 6'7 he's going to have a hard time in the NBA.
draftexpress has him measured at 6'8.5 with shoes with a 6'11 wingspan, and the wingspan is the important measurement
That's true, but even more important is the ratio between those two numbers. Bell with a 2.5" difference.

Chris Boucher is NBA gold at 6'9.5" height and 7'3.5" wingspan. Boucher with a 6" difference.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

justducky0 wrote:To get back on topic, I think it should not be lost that he came on an unofficial . He paid his own way to visit again. Also what is the the connection between him and Dwayne Benjamin ? Seems like there is something there.
I think his parents were with him too, which is huge.

I think they trained in SD together.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

justducky0 wrote:To get back on topic, I think it should not be lost that he came on an unofficial . He paid his own way to visit again. Also what is the the connection between him and Dwayne Benjamin ? Seems like there is something there.
He's his personal coach if I remember right.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

So any indication he had a good time?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Sad Sports Fan
One Star Recruit

Post by Sad Sports Fan »

5$ wrote:
Sad Sports Fan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:One, they will find a spot for McCoy period.

Two my buddy runs a camp, and said when Bell was there he measured in at just a hair over 6'6. If he was 6'9, I'd say go, but 6'6 maybe 6'7 he's going to have a hard time in the NBA.
draftexpress has him measured at 6'8.5 with shoes with a 6'11 wingspan, and the wingspan is the important measurement
That's true, but even more important is the ratio between those two numbers. Bell with a 2.5" difference.

Chris Boucher is NBA gold at 6'9.5" height and 7'3.5" wingspan. Boucher with a 6" difference.
6'11 wingspan on a 6'9 body is actually just okay for NBA standards. Boucher does have incredible length, yes, but he's rail thin, which is a problem. Boucher needs to iron out that 3-point shot and go the Channing Frye route, cause becoming a stretch 4 is his best bet. Bell should try and emulate Draymond Green as best he can, including staying for his senior season and working on his offensive game. For reference, Draymond is 6'7.5 with shoes, 6'5.75 without, but has a 7'1.25 wingspan. Now that's amazing length relative to size
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Post by Howry »

I dont think Jordan is assertive enough on the offensive end. He has developed a really good little jump hook and his jumper is much more fluid then it used to be. He just seems hesitant sometimes on offense but has improved leaps and bounds since his freshman year. I hope he sticks one more year, we just cant afford to lose he and Bouche.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Dorsey and Bell could really benefit from one more year at Oregon. Dorsey needs to get more consistent with his shot and if Bell can make another jump offensively next season, he could significantly improve his draft stock. Both should come back to Oregon. I agree with what some of the other posters said about Brooks. It would be AWESOME if he came back, but honestly his draft stock is probably not going to go up with another year.

I think Bell stays. He knows he can make a huge jump if his offense continues to improve. Dorsey is a question mark, as he has said in the past he wouldn't object to playing overseas. Brooks is probably gone.

Here is my prediction: In ten years, Bell will be the one player from this team that is still on an NBA roster.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

I'd love for the Blazers to move into the 2nd round and draft Bell ... like northbeachsf, I think Jordan is going to be the best NBA player from this roster as well. He's a major athlete, incredible weak-side shot blocker, strong post defender, and his jumper is improving. That's the key ... if he can develop a Brandon Bass-type of jumper, very reliable, he'll play 10+ years in this league.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Haven't heard anything on McCoy since the visit.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

GrantDuck wrote:Brooks should go pro after this year. His stock won't get any higher.

Bell depends on how far we go in March and how much exposure he gets. He's already a 4th year junior who is 22, so I think him, along with Dorsey will be toss ups.
Brooks should go pro