#5 Oregon @ USC (Sat 7:30 Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: #5 Oregon @ USC (Sat 7:30 Pac-12 Net)

Post by Phalanx »

Watching the game over, Boucher seems pretty passive on defense. Does anyone else see this? He really seems to lack energy and he gets pushed around a lot. He also got caught a few times going out on the perimeter when he was supposed to guard the post guy. I wonder if this is why Altman doesn't start him. Bell, on the other hand, seems to play with aggressiveness and energy.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:Watching the game over, Boucher seems pretty passive on defense. Does anyone else see this? He really seems to lack energy and he gets pushed around a lot. He also got caught a few times going out on the perimeter when he was supposed to guard the post guy. I wonder if this is why Altman doesn't start him. Bell, on the other hand, seems to play with aggressiveness and energy.
He is definitely struggling to find a rhythm, I wonder if we need to shake things up a little to get him going.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Think Boucher has just lost a bit of confidence and it's affected his energy.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

duckduckgoose wrote:
oregontrack wrote:exactly. people getting on altman for this game are crazy. it's hard to get up for the game immediately following two top 10 showdowns. the 'stagnant' first half offense looked exactly like the offense that drilled arizona and went up big early on ucla -- quality ball movement that led to WIDE OPEN shots. they just weren't falling in the first half against sc. we adjusted and did some other things.

at some point you have to step back and realize that we're playing another team who is trying to STOP us from scoring. credit the trojans for making things difficult. we still won. hell, we were in control and/or had the lead for most of it.
Trying to explain basketball to 'chicken little the sky is falling' Duck for Life is pointless. The game threads are unreadable with ranting like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The criticism was warranted after the UCLA game. I mean, it's not like anyone was calling him to be fired. We all have off days.