Utah @ #7 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Utah @ #7 Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Freakin Jordan Bell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

That was my favorite goaltend ever! So comical!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Brooks just posterized Utah's big man. 2nd straight week he's done that to an opposing big man.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Another easy win for them tonight where they finally got to give their bench guys a bunch of run. Should help the main rotation to be fresh against CU on Saturday.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Very nice win. Only real complaint is we gave up too many second chance points. That has hurt Altman teams for a few years really. Can't let that happen vs elite teams.

But I'm happy. Good to get rest for the starters. Time for revenge vs Colorado.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Ducks10 wrote:Very nice win. Only real complaint is we gave up too many second chance points. That has hurt Altman teams for a few years really. Can't let that happen vs elite teams.

Def. cost us against Oklahoma and Wisconsin in the tournament. One more rebound with that Moser/Young team and we'd have beaten Wisconsin.

We're 205th in the country in giving up offensive rebounds. Only year it wasn't an issue was when we had Kazemi.

Brooks in particular needs to rebound better, especially when he's at the 4 spot he misses a lot of box outs.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

A lot of it has to do that a lot of our guys go up to contend shots so they're out of position. However, this also makes the other team to stop from driving.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Phenom wrote:A lot of it has to do that a lot of our guys go up to contend shots so they're out of position. However, this also makes the other team to stop from driving.
Yeah. There's absolutely an aspect of the guards needing to stop penetration, but also sometimes we go for the big block on some bad shot and actually our bigs get out of position for the rebound.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

GrantDuck wrote:Brooks in particular needs to rebound better, especially when he's at the 4 spot he misses a lot of box outs.
Yep. It is ridiculous that he is averaging under 3 rebounds per game. When you are primarily playing the 4 and built the way Brooks is, there is something wrong when Dorsey, Ennis and Pritchard are all averaging more rebounds per game. He is playing great in other areas, but if this team is going to get where everyone wants them to get, Brooks needs to start taking rebounding more personally.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Watch Altman's interview after the game and he sounded like they got beat by 20, mainly because of the offensive rebounds they let up. He basically challenged Brooks and a couple others to rebound better.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

good to see them win so easily vs a team that they are way better then. Time for that revenge and to go perfect at home for a second straight season.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

So often, Bell and Boucher go up for the block together, leaving the area around the hoop wide open for a pass to a cutter or an easy put back.

justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

GrantDuck wrote:
Ducks10 wrote:Very nice win. Only real complaint is we gave up too many second chance points. That has hurt Altman teams for a few years really. Can't let that happen vs elite teams.

Def. cost us against Oklahoma and Wisconsin in the tournament. One more rebound with that Moser/Young team and we'd have beaten Wisconsin.

We're 205th in the country in giving up offensive rebounds. Only year it wasn't an issue was when we had Kazemi.

Brooks in particular needs to rebound better, especially when he's at the 4 spot he misses a lot of box outs.
Sorry but no, it was Buddy Heild being lights out.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

justducky0 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:

Yep, buddy was hitting every three, even prayers. He was living out a dream. OU shot 50% from downtown, UO shot 19%. We needed to keep up with OU and couldn't.

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

justducky0 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:

We gave up 14 offensive rebounds and OU got OR's on over 40% of their misses(good rebounding teams give up about 20%). Many of the 3's came off of offensive rebounds and kick outs.

Yes, Hield hitting 8 3's killed us and 3 pt shooting was a major factor in the game, but the margin of the game was 12 points, so if we only give up 7 offensive rebounds instead of 14, that's 7 less shots Oklahoma shoots and likely a tie ball game.

So when I say it "definitely cost us" against Oklahoma, I think that's a completely fair assessment.