#6 Oregon @ Stanford (Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: #6 Oregon @ Stanford (Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by thomas time »

for as bad as the rebounding was, the offensive rebounding down the stretch was clutch and helped when it. At the end when Roxy asked Mike if you go for a two or three, I said how bout a turnover? Thanks for that Dillon!!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I liked Bell after the game. The analysts talking about how we did gut out a game against a team that really did play very well is making me feel more encouraged. It is definitely good to have difficult games under our belt as we head into the tournaments.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Ducks10 wrote:MM... worst announcer I've ever heard.
If that was the TV call I wonder what the radio call would have been like. He got the popcorn with extra salt before he broke down that final play, lol
nogerO
Senior

Lazy

Post by nogerO »

Rebounding team is going nowhere in the big tournament. Your leading rebounder today with a staggering 5 rebounds? Freshman point guard. Rebounding is a state of mind and Altman should have repeatedly teamed their asses about their lazy rebounding performance. Lucky as hell to win this weekends games.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's too bad they don't had a have a player who could rebound like Kazemi. That'd make this team even tougher.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

you guys are nuts re: monty. best west coast coach of his generation and a spendid announcer. instead of cliches we get actual basketball analysis when he talks.

5 or 6 ranked teams have lost on the road this weekend. this was a good win today. conference road games and tournament games in march aren't comparable.
ImageImageImageImageImage
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Ugly win and we should've pulled away but ... WE JUST SWEPT THE BAY AREA SCHOOLS IN CALI!!!

Also, Stanford played out of their minds. This was a great win. I do worry about bigs in the tourney, like Travis, bullying us around in the paint though.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

1 big factor lately has been early foul trouble for brooks. He can't do that s*** in the tourney. We can afford him to have to sit early on 1st half so much
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

oregontrack wrote:you guys are nuts re: monty. best west coast coach of his generation and a spendid announcer. instead of cliches we get actual basketball analysis when he talks.

5 or 6 ranked teams have lost on the road this weekend. this was a good win today. conference road games and tournament games in march aren't comparable.
Fair take. Monty obviously has an emotional connection with Stanford, and that bias showed, but he's still a good announcer.

Bottom line is Oregon was the better team. Stanford played above their talent level and still came up short.

The way Travis and the other bigs muscled Oregon around is a bit concerning. I thought Bigby-Williams provided a nice lift off the bench. I hope he gets more time in similar situations moving forward.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

greenyellow wrote:It's too bad they don't had a have a player who could rebound like Kazemi. That'd make this team even tougher.
Kazemi was a stunningly good rebounder Was #1 in the nation in defensive rebounding % that year we had him. His anticipation and strength were spectacular. Bell/Boucher could learn a lot watching his tape.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Bigby's confidence and play is on the rise. We'll need him if a tourney team has a wide body big man. Boucher is simply to frail to play the paint with powerful dudes.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

UofDuck wrote:Bigby's confidence and play is on the rise. We'll need him if a tourney team has a wide body big man. Boucher is simply to frail to play the paint with powerful dudes.
Altman should have been playing him more this season so that he could develop. We are really going to need him next year.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

shot blocking teams are susceptible to offensive boards. it hasn't been a huge achilles heel this year, but it has come up from time to time, and we really saw it hurt us in the first half of the stanford game. just something to watch if we come across a team in the tourney that emphasizes crashing the offensive boards.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:It's too bad they don't had a have a player who could rebound like Kazemi. That'd make this team even tougher.
Kazemi.

But yeah the rebounding in this game was pitiful. If it weren't for a bunch of points off turnovers, Stanford wins this game fairly easily.

I still feel like close wins like these will help us mentally come tournament time.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13