#6 Oregon @ California (Wed 6 pm ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: #6 Oregon @ California (Wed 6 pm ESPN2)

Post by mattc94 »

Out of every player that has ever played for our Ducks.... Dillon Brooks has the most secret sauce. Savor him forever!
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Have a look at the statistics here: http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/20 ... re-l-65-68 Notice that our bench outscored Cal by twelve points.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Huge game from Chris Boucher. There's no way we're winning tonight without his contributions.

With that said, Dillon Brooks is the National Player of the Year. If this were the Heisman, he'd already have two signature moments.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Ducks had no business winning that game with the way everyone not named Dillon Brooks played the first 30 minutes of that game and how well Cal was exploiting Oregon's doubling or Raab and rotations from that. Major props to Altman and ultimately the players for fighting back and stealing that one. Hopefully they ride the emotional high from that into the Pac-12 tourney and into the tourney.

I still don't know what to think of this team in terms of a legit national championship contender. When they are hitting on all cylinders like the Zona game and first half of the second UCLA game, nobody in the country can beat them. Then they come out and play 'meh' games like at Utah to downright awful like Colorado and first half of last nights game.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:Ducks had no business winning that game with the way everyone not named Dillon Brooks played the first 30 minutes of that game and how well Cal was exploiting Oregon's doubling or Raab and rotations from that. Major props to Altman and ultimately the players for fighting back and stealing that one. Hopefully they ride the emotional high from that into the Pac-12 tourney and into the tourney.

I still don't know what to think of this team in terms of a legit national championship contender. When they are hitting on all cylinders like the Zona game and first half of the second UCLA game, nobody in the country can beat them. Then they come out and play 'meh' games like at Utah to downright awful like Colorado and first half of last nights game.
Basketball is two halves, we had every business winning that game with the way we played d and the way we scored in second half.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Ducks had no business winning that game with the way everyone not named Dillon Brooks played the first 30 minutes of that game and how well Cal was exploiting Oregon's doubling or Raab and rotations from that. Major props to Altman and ultimately the players for fighting back and stealing that one. Hopefully they ride the emotional high from that into the Pac-12 tourney and into the tourney.

Basketball is two halves, we had every business winning that game with the way we played d and the way we scored in second half.
10 minutes left in the game, they're down 15, more than they were at half. 4 minutes to go, they're down 10. Oregon played 4 minutes of great basketball, outscoring Cal 19-6 in those 4 minutes, and won. They had no business winning that game. That's not meant to take anything away from the win. If anything, it's a compliment to the fight and fortitude of the team.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Duck24 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

10 minutes left in the game, they're down 15, more than they were at half. 4 minutes to go, they're down 10. Oregon played 4 minutes of great basketball, outscoring Cal 19-6 in those 4 minutes, and won. They had no business winning that game. That's not meant to take anything away from the win. If anything, it's a compliment to the fight and fortitude of the team.
If anything, it's a compliment to the fight and fortitude of the team

I think that speaks volumes for this team. They never give up and play hard. I would have loved to have been
in the locker room to hear Altmans half time rant.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Of the last 3 games I was most afraid of CAL. Stanford and OSU should be easier. By rights the PAC-12 should get 2 #2 seeds and 1 #3 seed. Actually, probably should get 3 #2s. If UCLA beats UA, then the winner of PAC-12 tourney probably deserves a #1 seed. If UA or the Ducks win the tourney they likely become a #1. Opinion.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

duckfan22 wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

If anything, it's a compliment to the fight and fortitude of the team

I think that speaks volumes for this team. They never give up and play hard.
Well, by this measure, we actually did give up against UCLA
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

If UA or UO wins out, I think that team will get a 1 seed. 2 seed out West is better though.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

You gotta be a little troubled by our defensive output in the first half. If Cal's success in the first half was due to being hot, then OK. But it was mostly our fault. Out of position, poor closeout, poor boxing out..... Basic defensive fundamentals were forsook in the first half.

Obviously it's just one half, but I don't expect to see that at this point of the season.

Also, Brooks is a fantastic offensive player, but his defense - while very aggressive - leaves A LOT to be desired.

And while we're at it, I've never seen a player act like Brooks does when he has 4 fouls. and it's not a good thing. The dude is LITERALLY on the back of the defensive player who is trying to post up on him while he (Brooks) has four fouls! It's absurd. Not sure why he does that - does he just not care...? is he highly irrational (that would be taking irrationality to another level)...? is he completely oblivious to the fact....? It's very weird.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

dd10snoop28 wrote:You gotta be a little troubled by our defensive output in the first half. If Cal's success in the first half was due to being hot, then OK. But it was mostly our fault. Out of position, poor closeout, poor boxing out..... Basic defensive fundamentals were forsook in the first half.

Obviously it's just one half, but I don't expect to see that at this point of the season.

Also, Brooks is a fantastic offensive player, but his defense - while very aggressive - leaves A LOT to be desired.

And while we're at it, I've never seen a player act like Brooks does when he has 4 fouls. and it's not a good thing. The dude is LITERALLY on the back of the defensive player who is trying to post up on him while he (Brooks) has four fouls! It's absurd. Not sure why he does that - does he just not care...? is he highly irrational (that would be taking irrationality to another level)...? is he completely oblivious to the fact....? It's very weird.
I think he is quite irrational, but it also feeds his game.