All Pac-12

Re: Vote Brooks for dunk of the year

Post by Phenom »

Voted!
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

Brooks is currently in the lead but it's close. He has 5% advantage. Let's help him win.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

No contest here - Brooks drove from stationary position right through three defenders. None of the others did anything like that. The last guy? Heck, I could have dunked that ball.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It should go to Brooks or Croaker for sure. That last one for Kentucky? Really? Bell just did that. That definitely should not be on there, same with the reverse dunk, didn't Bell also do that? Boucher's dunk against USC was better than those two. Grayson Allen is only on there cause he plays for Duke. But Brooks or Croaker should definitely get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:It should go to Brooks or Croaker for sure. That last one for Kentucky? Really? Bell just did that. That definitely should not be on there, same with the reverse dunk, didn't Bell also do that? Boucher's dunk against USC was better than those two. Grayson Allen is only on there cause he plays for Duke. But Brooks or Croaker should definitely get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah Monk's and the Michigan State guy's dunks should not even be mentioned. Bell's had 4 or 5 dunks that have been more impressive. Allen's dunk looks cool because he fell. Maybe he tripped himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like you said, Croaker's was the only one up there with Brooks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Reese Davis with a 7 for Brooks? Figures. What an a$$hat.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

While it probably wasn't the flashiest dunk, Brooks dunk was clearly the best because he took it right to the hole and imposed his will on the defense. He also was clearly fouled by Golomon and avoided a good/physical shot blocker. None of the other dunks had that mix elements and made that dunk clearly the most difficult of the bunch.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."