How's Your Bracket?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

How's Your Bracket?

Post by Phalanx »

I thought it might be fun to update how your bracket is doing. Who does everyone have in their final four?

My bracket almost always has Oregon winning it all, and this year is no exception. Yes, Boucher did get injured, but I think that will just galvanize our team and steel their resolve to prevail. That, and I have no money riding on this bracket.

My other three are Arizona, UCLA, and Villanova. I could have gone with USC in the East, but even my homerism has limits.

You might laugh at my bracket, but so far, I am 10/11 and St. Mary's is about to make it 11/12. So at least wait until the second round to start laughing. :lol:
thomas time
Senior

Re: How's Your Bracket?

Post by thomas time »

decent day for me 12-16, my money league I was 15-16. The only game I lost was I had Vandy and their guy fouled for no reason in the final ten seconds with them up one point.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

14-2 in my one and only bracket, haven't lost any sweet 16 yet.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote:14-2 in my one and only bracket, haven't lost any sweet 16 yet.
Same here. I ended up dropping another game in the evening.

Nobody wants to reveal their final four?
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duke/West Virginia/UNC/Oregon here with Duke/Oregon in the final and the Ducks winning. I actually told myself I wasn't gonna do that this year, but they just seemed like they could win every match-up as they came up.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

15-1, only lost VCU.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Not great. Made a terrible pick with Winthrop over Butler, no idea why I did that. Also missed on MTSU, and I had Minnesota going to the S16 lol. Also missed on VCU and VT.
paduck
One Star Recruit

Post by paduck »

Ducks10 wrote:Not great. Made a terrible pick with Winthrop over Butler, no idea why I did that. Also missed on MTSU, and I had Minnesota going to the S16 lol. Also missed on VCU and VT.
I think we filled out the same bracket. I'm dead last in all my pools. Only way I'm getting any $$ now is if Oregon wins it all, since I'm the only one who picked the Ducks!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

13-3. Vandy and VCU killed me
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

USC is trying to ruin my bracket, but SMU starting to pull away a bit. I have SMU beating Baylor in the next round, so a loss here would hurt, but it would be worth it to see the conference doing well.

17/20 at the moment, but expecting it to fall apart by Sunday.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Great win for the confrence with SC beating SMU.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:USC is trying to ruin my bracket, but SMU starting to pull away a bit. I have SMU beating Baylor in the next round, so a loss here would hurt, but it would be worth it to see the conference doing well.

Looks like USC ruined your bracket a bit.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:
Phalanx wrote:USC is trying to ruin my bracket, but SMU starting to pull away a bit. I have SMU beating Baylor in the next round, so a loss here would hurt, but it would be worth it to see the conference doing well.

Looks like USC ruined your bracket a bit.
Yeah, no worries. It's much better if the committee pays attention and says, "Golly, maybe the Pac 12 is better than we realized.". On Sunday, USC will have to play their third game this week. Ridiculous. They went completely undefeated in non-conference play, and they just won their first two tournament games. Maybe they shouldn't have been an 11-seed.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SMU and Maryland are out of it for sweet 16 for me. Didn't wanna pick Maryland, but I thought FGCU would upset FSU. If I could redo one choice so far, it would be Florida State in the sweet 16 instead of Maryland. Otherwise, I'm alive and well.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

...And down goes Villanova. That one is going to leave a serious mark on my bracket, but it's great to see a major upset, finally. Here's to more of them. Maybe USC will catch fire and win the East.