Altman's locker room speech

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Altman's locker room speech

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I'm not sure how to attach the video, but for those who have a FB account the GoDucks FB page just live streamed Altman's postgame locker room speech. Watching it made me love him more, he kept repeating "we aren't gonna get this lucky anymore" over and over and over. He went over all the areas the team played poorly and talked about how he doesn't want to hang up the jerseys yet. It was just so great to see how Altman handled this game, yes they won but that was a very poor showing from Oregon tonight and he made it very clear to them that if they play like that again then the season will be over. Go ducks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Re: Altman's locker room speech

Post by Ducks10 »

Good points by him. He's right. But I'd be shocked if we come out like that Thursday (a lot of TOs that is and sloppy play). More time to prepare, and will be a little more rested.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Michigan plays no where near as aggressive and intense on-ball defense as RI so Oregon likely (hopefully) won't have the same issues they did today.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Anyone know if MI is a mostly man or zone team? If they're man, I like our chances. Zone and we'll have problems.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks10 wrote:Anyone know if MI is a mostly man or zone team? If they're man, I like our chances. Zone and we'll have problems.
Belein has normally used a base 1-3-1 zone (with a 2-3 zone as the secondary defensive set), but have gone more man-to-man with quick double teaming this season. It sounds like they were struggling earlier in the season with the zone but a change in attitude and approach back in February seems to have fixed things. They're forcing more turnovers and letting up fewer points now but have had some foul issues because of their increased aggressiveness. It'll be interesting to see how they decide to defend Oregon and then how Oregon attacks them.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Cool, thanks. I like us better vs man to man teams, but maybe MI goes to the zone with how we sometimes struggle with them.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Anyone got a YouTube of this or something?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Tray Dub wrote:Anyone got a YouTube of this or something?
https://www.facebook.com/goducks/videos ... 121129706/
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Phenom wrote:

So cool that the band now plays Mat Kearney's I left my heart in Oregon!

Goosebumps.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Thought Keith Smith played well today too. He made a good cut, got fouled, and made his FT's. His defense has been really solid, you can tell he played a lot of high pressure/pressing defense in high school.

KBW helps on the boards a lot, his awareness just isn't there on defense and offense. Whereas Boucher would block shots without fouling,KBW lets guys get into his body. On offense, he doesn't finish cuts and is a TO machine. That said, he is really helping rebounding, for sure and is not a BAD defender, just not CB.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Phenom wrote:
Thanks for sharing that. Love my Ducks!