basketball rumor

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Sad Sports Fan
One Star Recruit

Re: basketball rumor

Post by Sad Sports Fan »

duck541 wrote:
Sad Sports Fan wrote:
mattc94 wrote:I can't see KBW redshirting. He has such a great skillset and just needs some more practice. This tournament is perfect for him. And as much as I hope we get a big transfer, getting McCoy I think is still key for the upcoming class.
Again, KBW is the one demanding a RS

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
How sure are you of this? I didn't hear that detail, and judging from all his quotes leading up to the Iona game about being ready and wanting to play it seems a little odd that he would be so adamant about redshirting. Not trying to say you're wrong, just looking to clarify. Personally I hope he redshirts cuz his potential is off the charts and he needs a lot of development.
It's what was said in the DT post by both Prehm and Erik

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Sad Sports Fan wrote:
duck541 wrote:
Sad Sports Fan wrote:
mattc94 wrote:I can't see KBW redshirting. He has such a great skillset and just needs some more practice. This tournament is perfect for him. And as much as I hope we get a big transfer, getting McCoy I think is still key for the upcoming class.
Again, KBW is the one demanding a RS

How sure are you of this? I didn't hear that detail, and judging from all his quotes leading up to the Iona game about being ready and wanting to play it seems a little odd that he would be so adamant about redshirting. Not trying to say you're wrong, just looking to clarify. Personally I hope he redshirts cuz his potential is off the charts and he needs a lot of development.
It's what was said in the DT post by both Prehm and Erik

Cool thanks sharing!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If we're being real KBW is raw and needs lot of polishing to his game. It's that in today's society it's hard for us to see guys who accept that and don't see it as a negative. If he has any professional aspirations, getting another year under Altman is a great thing for him.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:If we're being real KBW is raw and needs lot of polishing to his game. It's that in today's society it's hard for us to see guys who accept that and don't see it as a negative. If he has any professional aspirations, getting another year under Altman is a great thing for him.
Dude has bricks for hands when it comes to catching the ball. He's like the basketball version of Jaison "50/50" Williams. Physically he has all the tools to be a legit impact player but could definitely use a year to refine his skill set.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Yeah I give kudos to KBW if this is true. Having the patience and perseverance to take a year to improve is a sign of character.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

not saying it can't/won't happen, but that would be virtually unprecedented.
ImageImageImageImageImage
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Tray Dub wrote:Yeah I give kudos to KBW if this is true. Having the patience and perseverance to take a year to improve is a sign of character.
He always works hard out there. Its nice to see him want to put the work in. Hopefully he can improve as
much as Bell has.
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

oregontrack wrote:not saying it can't/won't happen, but that would be virtually unprecedented.
Allow me to remind you: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/18/sport ... ossom.html
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OG Duck wrote:
oregontrack wrote:not saying it can't/won't happen, but that would be virtually unprecedented.
If KBW can come anywhere close to Olynyk's level of improvement, then I think a RS year should be an option.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Duck07 wrote:If we're being real KBW is raw and needs lot of polishing to his game. It's that in today's society it's hard for us to see guys who accept that and don't see it as a negative. If he has any professional aspirations, getting another year under Altman is a great thing for him.
100% agree. Plus he gets to prolong his education/college experience.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

OG Duck wrote:
a fair point.
ImageImageImageImageImage
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

That might actually make a lot of sense, especially if Bell comes back and we land McCoy and/or the transfer. Altman would have Bell, White, Cage, Sorkin, and possibly McCoy/transfer all over 6'9" tall.

So it sounds like Oregon may have an additional 2-3 spots. Based on information, Oregon is still looking at these four specific players to fill those holes? Anyone else they are considering?
McCoy
Tucker
Davis
Transfer
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Norwell, another UW "commit"
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

Ducks10 wrote:Norwell, another UW "commit"
*Nowell
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I think I would only take Nowell if it meant he was coming in alongside Davis. I think recruiting sites have Nowell pretty overrated. Davis looks like a legitimate stud, though. Like a longer Dorsey with a lot more bounce and better handles.

I think we could handle losing all three of Brooks, Dorsey, and Bell (and having Kavell RS) if we can bring in Mccoy, Davis, and a big man grad transfer like Jock Landale on top of what we already have coming back and coming in.

Hard not to get excited about Pritchard, Benson, Brown Jr., Bailey, Kigab, Smith, Cage, and White if we're also able to add McCoy, Davis, and a grad transfer big man.