basketball rumor

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

basketball rumor

Post by thomas time »

There's a headling on DT that reads: Big Basketball News Rumor! It's insider and was wondering if anybody knows what it is? Maybe Davis isn't going to UW now without Romar?
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: basketball rumor

Post by mattc94 »

If I was Altman, I would be recruiting the s*** out of the Seattle area right now. At least try to turn one of those UW recruits if they waiver. Also that team that Roy is coaching is loaded with NBA talent. I mean probably the best Seattle prep team in decades. Now that Romar is out of the way, no reason to believe they wouldn't take a shine to the most successful Pac-12 program in the area. Mark Few I am sure will go after them too but he seems to recruit a certain type of player.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Would like to know as well.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

+1
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

I have no idea what the rumor on DT is, but I heard from someone close to the program that we might potentially get a grad transfer next year. Not sure on the name, but they speculated that it was a big man.

Second part of the rumor is that they also feel like they will land McCoy, in which case they would redshirt KBW next year to develop his game. Love his potential, and think he can blossom with more time at this level. That plan is contingent on Bell returning tho.

A few other rumblings:

- Benson might transfer to get more playing time/usage in his senior season.
- Bell is leaning towards staying but it depends on feedback he gets from NBA after tourney.
- Brooks and Dorsey are pretty much 100% gone.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

duck541 wrote:I have no idea what the rumor on DT is, but I heard from someone close to the program that we might potentially get a grad transfer next year. Not sure on the name, but they speculated that it was a big man.

Second part of the rumor is that they also feel like they will land McCoy, in which case they would redshirt KBW next year to develop his game. Love his potential, and think he can blossom with more time at this level. That plan is contingent on Bell returning tho.

A few other rumblings:

- Bell is leaning towards staying but it depends on feedback he gets from NBA after tourney.
Interesting on Bell and Dorsey. I've seen Bell in nearly every mock draft in the 2nd round. On the other hand, I haven't seen Dorsey's name mentioned at all. I know he's having a good March right now, but I don't see TD getting picked if the draft happened today.

Also, I'd be pretty surprised if Benson transferred knowing that Ennis is graduating this year. He'd likely start along side Pritchard next year, yeah?
Last edited by DmoneyDuck on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I don't think KBW would want to redshirt. Plus, I think he plays a pretty prominent role next year.

Kinda get the Benson stuff but kinda not. I think his skillset for his current roll.

Dorsey should stay one more year to be the man but we've been hearing since last year that he was leaning towards last year.

The Pac will be pretty deep next year but I have confidence in Altman. He always makes us a contender.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

mattc94 wrote:If I was Altman, I would be recruiting the s*** out of the Seattle area right now. At least try to turn one of those UW recruits if they waiver. Also that team that Roy is coaching is loaded with NBA talent. I mean probably the best Seattle prep team in decades. Now that Romar is out of the way, no reason to believe they wouldn't take a shine to the most successful Pac-12 program in the area. Mark Few I am sure will go after them too but he seems to recruit a certain type of player.
The Porter brothers, Michael Jr. #1 in the country (2017) and Jontay 4* PF (2018), are more than likely following their dad to Mizzou after Cuonzo Martin hired their dad as an assistant. I doubt Jontay will be attending Hale next year

Nathan Hale still has PJ Fuller 4* SG (2019)... supposedly they are getting another big time transfer though.

Jaylen Nowell and Daejon Davis of Garfield are the two other (2017) UW commits that might look to go elsewhere... both have UO offers.
J'Raan Brooks 4* PF (2018) no offer but offers from Oklahoma, UW, Stanford

Rainier Beach, the other perennial power up here, has Kevin Porter 4* SG/SF (2018) who already holds a UO offer.

Noah Williams 4* PG (2019) from O'Dea is another major conference prospect from up here, Altman and company might look at.. IDK
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Phenom wrote:I don't think KBW would want to redshirt. Plus, I think he plays a pretty prominent role next year.

Kinda get the Benson stuff but kinda not. I think his skillset for his current roll.

Dorsey should stay one more year to be the man but we've been hearing since last year that he was leaning towards last year.

The Pac will be pretty deep next year but I have confidence in Altman. He always makes us a contender.
Yea I was surprised to hear that about KBW too, but it sounds like that is contingent on landing a big man grad transfer, Bell coming back, and landing McCoy. I kinda doubt all 3 of those things happen.

I can understand Benson wanting to go to smaller school and being more of "the man" so he can showcase himself for a potential Euro contract. I don't see him starting at the end of next year, maybe at the beginning, but probably loses his spot to Brown.

Personally agree about Dorsey, but he's playing really well right now, and he seems like he wants to go pro. And maybe he thinks he's better off progressing his game in Europe and getting paid where he doesn't have to worry about school.

I dunno, just sharing the rumors I heard. Would love if someone could clue us into what the DT post was about tho.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck541 wrote:I have no idea what the rumor on DT is, but I heard from someone close to the program that we might potentially get a grad transfer next year. Not sure on the name, but they speculated that it was a big man.

A few other rumblings:

Thanks for the info. And yeah DT is saying the same thing. A big man graduate transfer. Definitely a position of need with Boucher gone, and potentially Bell.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Sad Sports Fan
One Star Recruit

Post by Sad Sports Fan »

Phenom wrote:I don't think KBW would want to redshirt. Plus, I think he plays a pretty prominent role next year.

According to DT apparently KBW is the one demanding he RS next year or else he'll transfer. Apparently wanted to RS this year to develop his game, but when Cage got injured that wasn't possible.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

A few other rumblings:

Thanks for the info. And yeah DT is saying the same thing. A big man graduate transfer. Definitely a position of need with Boucher gone, and potentially Bell.
Any idea who? I know Jock Landale has been mentioned as a possibly grad transfer candidate, but no idea if he has any interest in Oregon.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think getting a big man transfer makes sense since the only big men on the roster without Bell would be KBW, Sorkin, Cage, White and possibly McCoy. While that includes two SRs, they're both really unproven in major roles. White will likely give them some good minutes at both PF and C when they go small. Then you have two FR who'd have no college playing experience.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck541 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

A few other rumblings:

Any idea who? I know Jock Landale has been mentioned as a possibly grad transfer candidate, but no idea if he has any interest in Oregon.
No idea. They mentioned he's a stretch 4. Other than that, it's all being kept quiet.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Can't be Landale then, right? He's 6'11, 260. Seems a little big for a stretch 4. I think it's imperative to get a grad transfer C/PF. White could be good, and I know if we get McCoy he will be good, but someone with experience will be needed (especially if Bell goes).