Incident just before halftime?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Incident just before halftime?

Post by nogerO »

I was forced to watch the women's game on ESPN app on my phone and of course it was doing all kinds of buffering, freezing up etc. Anyway there was an incident when the teams were walking off the court and I missed it. I think it was just as Oregon took a 15 point lead and Puke called a time out. Anybody know what I'm talking about? TIA
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Incident just before halftime?

Post by pudgejeff »

nogerO wrote:I was forced to watch the women's game on ESPN app on my phone and of course it was doing all kinds of buffering, freezing up etc. Anyway there was an incident when the teams were walking off the court and I missed it. I think it was just as Oregon took a 15 point lead and Puke called a time out. Anybody know what I'm talking about? TIA
It was in the 4th quarter, Duke girl made sure she ran into Sab on the way into the timeout. It wasn't horrible, but it should have been a T. The refs immediately called a light push off on the first possession that gave the ball back to Oregon, felt like a make-up call to me.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pudgejeff wrote:
nogerO wrote:I was forced to watch the women's game on ESPN app on my phone and of course it was doing all kinds of buffering, freezing up etc. Anyway there was an incident when the teams were walking off the court and I missed it. I think it was just as Oregon took a 15 point lead and Puke called a time out. Anybody know what I'm talking about? TIA
It was in the 4th quarter, Duke girl made sure she ran into Sab on the way into the timeout. It wasn't horrible, but it should have been a T. The refs immediately called a light push off on the first possession that gave the ball back to Oregon, felt like a make-up call to me.
Thanks. How did SI handle it being the tough as nails competitor that she is?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

nogerO wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Thanks. How did SI handle it being the tough as nails competitor that she is?
She got knocked to the ground and her teammates were there in between and getting her up before she could have any sort of reaction really. I was proud of them for that, you could see the cohesiveness of the team and it was something you did not see at all on the Duke side.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

what i see in this team is they love being around each other.. They are really a
reflection of the coach. He's a positive influence. This is why i hope Willie can get the
football team together as one like that. The mens basketball team is also together as a team.