Oregon VS Zagz...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Oregon VS Zagz...

Post by woundedknees »

Who's on board for THAT final?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon VS Zagz...

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I am! Bell will run circles around that big guy. But first gotta take business on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

woundedknees wrote:Who's on board for THAT final?
Would that make the Zags the East coast bias squad?
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I would love that! 1. Means we win final 4 matchup and 2. I think we can beat the zags
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I don't care who we play as long as we make it to the Final!!!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Apparently ESPN is, they predict zags over ducks in the final. Zags beating Florida and Oregon over Kentucky.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Not the NCAA....

Gonzaga vs one of the BlueBloods would be a top notch final in terms of ratings, with most neutral people tuning in to see if Gonzaga can finally do it....But, Gonzaga vs Oregon? Two west coast teams? Half the east coast would tune out...Just like Bell and Dorsey said, they'd be sleeping on the West Coast no doubt. Might be the lowest rated Final in the last 10 years.

Oregon should have beat Kansas by 30 but the refs kept them in it...It is going to be at least that hard against NC or Kentucky....If Oregon plays UNC or UK even, Oregon loses. If they bring their A game it wont matter but it will be extra tough...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Not the NCAA....

Gonzaga vs one of the BlueBloods would be a top notch final in terms of ratings, with most neutral people tuning in to see if Gonzaga can finally do it....But, Gonzaga vs Oregon? Two west coast teams? Half the east coast would tune out...Just like Bell and Dorsey said, they'd be sleeping on the West Coast no doubt. Might be the lowest rated Final in the last 10 years.

Oregon should have beat Kansas by 30 but the refs kept them in it...It is going to be at least that hard against NC or Kentucky....If Oregon plays UNC or UK even, Oregon loses. If they bring their A game it wont matter but it will be extra tough...
How did the refs keep them in it? Oregon tried to take the air out of the ball too soon and their intensity waned, allowing Kansas to get going a bit.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
Not the NCAA....

How did the refs keep them in it? Oregon tried to take the air out of the ball too soon and their intensity waned, allowing Kansas to get going a bit.
There was the two easy calls they missed on Jackson, that Barkley called them out on at half. Honestly he should have had 4 fouls in the first half.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
Not the NCAA....

The free throw disparity was 17-3 in favor of Kansas and one point, and it's not like Kansas was the aggressor. I don't know if it was the crowd but the refs clearly were favoring Kansas big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The free throw disparity isn't a valid argument in this game outside of one Brooks play we all wanted to be an and one. We either had easy looks at the basket or they stayed away enough whereas most of their attempts at the line came after Mason or Graham beat someone on the dribble and we closed hard.

There are always going to be some bad calls in a game but I thought that was a good game by and large for the officials.

As for Gonzaga vs Oregon. Our team seems so mentally focused that I just picture old Adam what his name crying after losing to UCLA and thinking that Jordan Bell is already in their heads!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:The free throw disparity isn't a valid argument in this game outside of one Brooks play we all wanted to be an and one. We either had easy looks at the basket or they stayed away enough whereas most of their attempts at the line came after Mason or Graham beat someone on the dribble and we closed hard.

There are always going to be some bad calls in a game but I thought that was a good game by and large for the officials.

As for Gonzaga vs Oregon. Our team seems so mentally focused that I just picture old Adam what his name crying after losing to UCLA and thinking that Jordan Bell is already in their heads!
Exactly. Oregon was either getting very uncontested dunks/layins or taking jumpers, which really limited the amount of FTs they took. Kansas kept driving the ball, either to be blocked by Bell or get fouled by one of Oregon's defenders that was reaching in on their way up.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

people wanted Oregon to get a 2 seed in the west to play Zags in elite eight, so I'm sure most would want that for the natty.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

My youngest cousin graduated from Gonzaga a few years ago. She now lives in Phoenix and bought Final Four tickets way back when they initially went on sale.

All season I've been asking her how much she'd be willing to sell her tickets to Ducks fans, assuming Gonzaga would pull their usual French Exit from the tournament. This type of banter always happens in my family, so she appreciated the humor even if it likely annoyed the hell out of her.

Fast forward and, well, we all know the situation at hand. Now her older brother, also a Gonzaga grad, is flying in from Chicago for the Final Four. Unfortunately, I'm living in Korea and can't represent my alma mater.