Just as we all probably suspected

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Re: Just as we all probably suspected

Post by Ducks10 »

Every team we've gone against has had the narrative except maybe Iona. URI was a tough matchup for us (and they were, no doubt) and we would lose to them, Michigan is the team of destiny, and Kansas is the best team in the tournament. Now UNC is the best team in the tournament.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Honestly... who cares who the talking heads predict? I would rather them pick everyone else.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I'm prepared for some very one sided officiating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know though, I thought that the Kansas game would be super lopsided. And there were definitely a couple no calls on our end and a few suspicious calls for Kansas, but as a whole nothing that really effected the outcome of the game. So here's to another decently officiated game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

justducky0 wrote:Honestly... who cares who the talking heads predict? I would rather them pick everyone else.
Was gonna say, lots of the experts have been off all tournament. It's been a pretty whack tournament. Oregon just needs to play great and they have a solid shot at winning.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:
oregontrack wrote:this is the best possible thing for us. this team seems to thrive on being the underdog.
Agreed. Was just thinking about that
Yup, then it's going to be how Gonzaga has been the best team all season. That's fine because we're going to be the best team in the tournament!
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Duck07 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
oregontrack wrote:this is the best possible thing for us. this team seems to thrive on being the underdog.
Agreed. Was just thinking about that
Yup, then it's going to be how Gonzaga has been the best team all season. That's fine because we're going to be the best team in the tournament!
We are going to be on the game, we are going to be fired up! I think the biggest tell will be early on watching Bell. If he can hold his own get boards and stay out of foul trouble we have a legit shot to win!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Our field goal % is everything. If it's up, we throttle KU, if it's off, we squeak by lesser teams like Iona and RI. Good passing, shooting and hustle D and we'll win. Miss any of those and we'll lose. Can't get by a team like UNC if not.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The only expert that has been accurate is Kenny Smith and he had Oregon in the Final Four and thinks we'll win it all. The rest are just in love with the big names and popular schools.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:The only expert that has been accurate is Kenny Smith and he had Oregon in the Final Four and thinks we'll win it all. The rest are just in love with the big names and popular schools.

Isn't he a Tar Heel?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:The only expert that has been accurate is Kenny Smith and he had Oregon in the Final Four and thinks we'll win it all. The rest are just in love with the big names and popular schools.

Isn't he a Tar Heel?
He is, but he's mentioned that he worked with Dorsey since he was in 8th grade. So he has a good grasp on our team.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Speaking of lack of love...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-likea ... 46221.html

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Speaking of lack of love...

I'm striving to find any relationship between the chosen categories and "likeability"...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Speaking of lack of love...

I'm striving to find any relationship between the chosen categories and "likeability"...
There is none. It was basically Forde putting out an article to keep his job.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I'm prepared for some very one sided officiating.

You know though, I thought that the Kansas game would be super lopsided. And there were definitely a couple no calls on our end and a few suspicious calls for Kansas, but as a whole nothing that really effected the outcome of the game. So here's to another decently officiated game.
We shot 3 free throws all game until they started intentionally fouling. 3. It was not evenly officiated at all. Jackson could have fouled out by halftime, but only had 2 fouls until the final couple minutes of the game. They extended their defense and played really aggressively, but were never called for anything at the rim. Meanwhile Kansas was put on the line over and over with minimal contact. They took 17 free throws to our 3 prior to the final couple meaningless possessions. It was nice that we were able to win, but we won in spite of the refs.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

You realize that just looking at free throw disparity does not tell the whole story right? Thats such a naive way to look at how a game was reffed.