Dorsey to Nba Draft

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Dorsey to Nba Draft

Post by Phenom »

Thank you Mr. March! Wish we could have had you for one more year, but I get it. Get your money wherever that may be!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Not sure if he's even an NBA player but coming back to Oregon for another year isn't going to change that. His stock is as high as it would get anyways after his 24 PPG performance in the tourney.

I hope he excels wherever he ends up and am so glad he was a Duck. He was the catalysts to the Final Four run and I will never forget it.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Not sure if he's even an NBA player but coming back to Oregon for another year isn't going to change that. His stock is as high as it would get anyways after his 24 PPG performance in the tourney.

I hope he excels wherever he ends up and am so glad he was a Duck. He was the catalysts to the Final Four run and I will never forget it.
Totally agree. Smart choice by Dorsey. He had a monster March and is still not on anyone's draft board. I know next year's draft is soft, but that doesn't change the fact that he probably cannot guard NBA twos because he lacks quickness and length. He is not going to improve his quickness and negative wingspan with another year of college. As a result, he is probably not getting drafted this year or next year. As of right now, there is only one player in the NBA currently with a negative wingspan - JJ Redick. Dorsey does not have the lateral quickness that Redick has and he is not nearly as good of a shooter or ball handler. Why not go to Greece, take $1M a year, play against better competition, and not have to juggle school?

Wishing Dorsey the best of luck. He was fun to watch these past two years!!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

With NorthBeach and Dthomas; I think it's a smart choice,his stock is unlikely to go up much, and he's got great ties to Europe and International experience.

If I'm 20-22 years old and someone tells me I can make 1 million dollars playing ball and get to live in Europe? SIGN ME UP.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Dorsey never intended to stay long... He was always going pro somewhere. Look at next
year...Troy Brown may be a one and done and if McCoy comes to Oregon he will most likely
be the same way.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GrantDuck wrote:With NorthBeach and Dthomas; I think it's a smart choice,his stock is unlikely to go up much, and he's got great ties to Europe and International experience.

If I'm 20-22 years old and someone tells me I can make 1 million dollars playing ball and get to live in Europe? SIGN ME UP.

I hear this theory a lot, but if he could have stayed and became a PG, he could have been a draft pick and played in the NBA. He's just not a 2 in the NBA.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:With NorthBeach and Dthomas; I think it's a smart choice,his stock is unlikely to go up much, and he's got great ties to Europe and International experience.

I hear this theory a lot, but if he could have stayed and became a PG, he could have been a draft pick and played in the NBA. He's just not a 2 in the NBA.

Yea but how likely is that? That he goes from playing off the ball almost exclusively to developing the talents to be an NBA point guard in one season? Not very. Also, if he's not an NBA player right now the best place for him to develop his game is as a professional, where his practice time isn't limited and he doesn't have to worry about school. Not to mention he also gets paid, which isn't a guarantee with injuries.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Cant ever fault a guy.... lets say you're in college and someone offers you a job in your degree when you're a sophomore to go to Europe and make millions... of course you take it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:

I don't think he could stay in front of NBA guards no matter how much he tried. His best bet would be a great and consistent shooter, and I do think an extra year here would have helped.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Dorsey and Brooks are who they are going to be. Bell is the only one who can improve his game coming back another year.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Dorsey's best attribute is he can create his own shot but I don't seem him as NBA player. There are just too many other talented prospects ahead of him. His future lies overseas playing for a team like Olympiacos.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

mattc94 wrote:Dorsey's best attribute is he can create his own shot but I don't seem him as NBA player. There are just too many other talented prospects ahead of him. His future lies overseas playing for a team like Olympiacos.
I really don't think Dorsey can create his own shot. His best shots were spot up 3 pointers and threes taken when the defense was retreating on a fast break. Driving to the hoop was always an adventure and was lucky to be bailed out a lot by his flailing arms and crashing to the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
mattc94 wrote:Dorsey's best attribute is he can create his own shot but I don't seem him as NBA player. There are just too many other talented prospects ahead of him. His future lies overseas playing for a team like Olympiacos.
I really don't think Dorsey can create his own shot. His best shots were spot up 3 pointers and threes taken when the defense was retreating on a fast break. Driving to the hoop was always an adventure and was lucky to be bailed out a lot by his flailing arms and crashing to the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well. I think his problem is that he is incredibly streaky. He showed what he could do at times this post season and for stretches last year. But you're right, it usually comes from the 3 and he can't penetrate the lane at all. I might watch some FIBA games if he's ever on the NBA Channel. No chance he gets drafted.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13