Oregon after former ASU commit Wooten

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon after former ASU commit Wooten

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is going after 4* 2017 PF and former ASU commit Kenny Wooten, likely as a replacement for Bell or Sorkin should either leave. He's an athletic big man who's built in the mold of Jordan Bell that was really impressed with Oregon after their Final Four run. He would have chosen Oregon earlier but they didn't have the room and he didn't think the team would potentially have so many openings. Someone to keep an eye on should there be any more openings.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... iver_index
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Oregon after former ASU commit Wooten

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Hard to see him ending up anywhere other than Oregon. When a kid "opens up" his recruitment but has only one school on his list it's pretty obvious what his intentions are ha.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.scout.com/player/192481-kenn ... ?year=2016

Not a bad offer list. His video does remind me of Bell some. Could really use another big body with athleticism and shot blocking skills.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lots and lots of movement.

I've heard that 2, maybe 3 guys are transferring. Sorkin? Benson? Who else?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:Lots and lots of movement.

I've heard that 2, maybe 3 guys are transferring. Sorkin? Benson? Who else?
Yeah now that Brooks and Dorsey are official, it wouldn't surprise me to get a couple commits within the week.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

He's visiting right now. Oregon could really use a guy like Wooten in this class. Hope he pulls the trigger.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Ucla fans claiming he purposely failed a class so he could get out of his LOI and sign with UO.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

That'd be wild if it was true
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He seems to have Bell level athleticism. Hope he can be a force on defense.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i have no idea if that's true or not, but BRO (if that ucla report came from BRO) is notorious for going scorched earth if a player spurns, decommits, or flat out is not interested in ucla. according to BRO, oregon has never won a straight-up recruiting battle with ucla in either football or basketball.
ImageImageImageImageImage
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

oregontrack wrote:According to BRO, oregon has never won a straight-up recruiting battle with ucla in either football or basketball.
Yet we continue to beat them most years in both sports.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:i have no idea if that's true or not, but BRO (if that ucla report came from BRO) is notorious for going scorched earth if a player spurns, decommits, or flat out is not interested in ucla. according to BRO, oregon has never won a straight-up recruiting battle with ucla in either football or basketball.
I feel like they do often win in football, but was Dorsey not a straight-up recruiting battle in bball?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With Bell now confirming he's leaving early, there's now another spot for Wooten to take.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
oregontrack wrote:i have no idea if that's true or not, but BRO (if that ucla report came from BRO) is notorious for going scorched earth if a player spurns, decommits, or flat out is not interested in ucla. according to BRO, oregon has never won a straight-up recruiting battle with ucla in either football or basketball.
I feel like they do often win in football, but was Dorsey not a straight-up recruiting battle in bball?
i can't remember who dorsey's recruitment came down to, but we beat the bruins all the time on recruits. they just refuse to accept it. i'm 99.9% sure "we didn't want him anyway" originated on BRO. it's amazing how hot and heavy they are after a recruit, how they all know firsthand UCLA is "this player's dream school", then the player commits elsewhere and magically the bruin coaches never had a spot open for him all along. or so the legend goes.
ImageImageImageImageImage
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

oregontrack wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
i can't remember who dorsey's recruitment came down to, but we beat the bruins all the time on recruits. they just refuse to accept it. i'm 99.9% sure "we didn't want him anyway" originated on BRO. it's amazing how hot and heavy they are after a recruit, how they all know firsthand UCLA is "this player's dream school", then the player commits elsewhere and magically the bruin coaches never had a spot open for him all along. or so the legend goes.
Dorsey was a Arizona commit I think they said during the Pac-12 tourney when we faced off with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk