Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Oregon after former ASU commit Wooten

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
oregontrack wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
oregontrack wrote:i have no idea if that's true or not, but BRO (if that ucla report came from BRO) is notorious for going scorched earth if a player spurns, decommits, or flat out is not interested in ucla. according to BRO, oregon has never won a straight-up recruiting battle with ucla in either football or basketball.
I feel like they do often win in football, but was Dorsey not a straight-up recruiting battle in bball?
i can't remember who dorsey's recruitment came down to, but we beat the bruins all the time on recruits. they just refuse to accept it. i'm 99.9% sure "we didn't want him anyway" originated on BRO. it's amazing how hot and heavy they are after a recruit, how they all know firsthand UCLA is "this player's dream school", then the player commits elsewhere and magically the bruin coaches never had a spot open for him all along. or so the legend goes.
Dorsey was a Arizona commit I think they said during the Pac-12 tourney when we faced off with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.bruinsnation.com/2014/6/16/5 ... -headed-to
That said, before the somewhat surprising January commitment to Arizona, Dorsey was thought to be a UCLA lean and Steve Alford's number one 2015 recruiting target. But they didn't want him anyway, eh?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

duckduckgoose wrote:
oregontrack wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
oregontrack wrote:i have no idea if that's true or not, but BRO (if that ucla report came from BRO) is notorious for going scorched earth if a player spurns, decommits, or flat out is not interested in ucla. according to BRO, oregon has never won a straight-up recruiting battle with ucla in either football or basketball.
I feel like they do often win in football, but was Dorsey not a straight-up recruiting battle in bball?
i can't remember who dorsey's recruitment came down to, but we beat the bruins all the time on recruits. they just refuse to accept it. i'm 99.9% sure "we didn't want him anyway" originated on BRO. it's amazing how hot and heavy they are after a recruit, how they all know firsthand UCLA is "this player's dream school", then the player commits elsewhere and magically the bruin coaches never had a spot open for him all along. or so the legend goes.
Dorsey was a Arizona commit I think they said during the Pac-12 tourney when we faced off with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes....Dorsey was an AZ commit and Miller was coaching the U18 team at the time. Miller did not include Dorsey on his team and Dorsey was pissed, so he walked from UofA and committed to Oregon. Somebody should write Miller a Thank You note!
:)
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »