If the chips fall...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

If the chips fall...

Post by Ducks10 »

This could be a class for the ages next year. Making the Final Four will be a big deal. Altman can now walk into a recruit's home and say: I just put two guys in the NBA (I think Bell and Brooks get drafted), one guy is going to Europe to make millions, I just made the Final Four, and we are only getting better.

Just unreal. Altman is doing more for bball than Chip did for football. Who thought this would've happened when Kent was fired?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: If the chips fall...

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Special times in Oregon basketball, no doubt. It's really fun to have a basketball team that tries hard. The talent is only getting better, and to know they will be coached by Altman and the rest of the staff is very comforting.

Gonna miss Boucher, Ennis, Brooks, Bell, and Dorsey, but I'm also really excited to see all the new faces from this monster recruiting class.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

While he has 2 likely draft picks this year, he's got Joe Young as the 3rd Oregon player he's helped put in the league.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Boucher might get drafted as well.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

I think Dylan Ennis might make a team too 6'4 athletic PGs as what the NBA loves and that nasty block on Hicks has to have gained NBA teams attention. Kinda reminds me of Malcolm Brogdon. We shall see though.
Return Of the Quack!
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Out - Brooks, Dorsey, Boucher, Bell, Ennis, and Benson
Returning - Pritch, Smith, Cage, and White
TBD - Sorkin and KBW
Signed - Brown, Bailey, and Kigab

So Altman will have 4-6 total spots open for:
Elijah Brown (grad trans), Isaiah Mike (trans), Brian Bowen (FR), Brandon McCoy (FR), Simi Shittu (FR), Chase Jeter (trans), and Kenny Wooten (FR).

None of these dudes is a bad option, so lets hope the staff can grab a couple.

Did I miss anything?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i still say there's no damn reason for benson to leave. he's a beloved and important cog on a super successful team.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:i still say there's no damn reason for benson to leave. he's a beloved and important cog on a super successful team.
Sounds like he wasn't completely happy about losing his starting spot and his role so wants to go somewhere to improve his post-collegiate stock.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

It would suck to lose him.. He does not make mistakes. He is steady and really smart.
He is not an nba calibur player. His only chance will be in Europe. He has been one
of the most consistant players Oregon has had. I hope he stays but certainly understand
if he leaves and wish him the best...
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

northbeachsf wrote:Out - Brooks, Dorsey, Boucher, Bell, Ennis, and Benson
TBD - Sorkin and KBW

Elijah Brown (grad trans), Isaiah Mike (trans), Brian Bowen (FR), Brandon McCoy (FR), Simi Shittu (FR), Chase Jeter (trans), and Kenny Wooten (FR).

Did I miss anything?
Glad Keith Smith is returning. Guy can be an elite defender. Just needs to improve his shooting.

Interested to see how it all works out. Brown is going to be a pretty transcendent player, but still a freshman(which means growing pains, regardless learning the college game). His demeanor, maturity, measurables (6' 11" wingspan!) and overall game seem pretty special.

Think the key(outside of transfers/recruiting of course) is going to be if Payton Pritchard makes that step to be a force by mid-season. He had a couple of moves in the Kansas/UNC games that made my eyes damn near pop out of my head, but then would airball a pretty good look from 3.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Ducks10 wrote:This could be a class for the ages next year. Making the Final Four will be a big deal. Altman can now walk into a recruit's home and say: I just put two guys in the NBA (I think Bell and Brooks get drafted), one guy is going to Europe to make millions, I just made the Final Four, and we are only getting better.

Just unreal. Altman is doing more for bball than Chip did for football. Who thought this would've happened when Kent was fired?
I did! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Anyone know how the staff feels about Cage?

Someone that can contribute solid minutes off the bench next season?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck wrote:Anyone know how the staff feels about Cage?

Someone that can contribute solid minutes off the bench next season?
He was actually in line to play major minutes this season but a couple injuries in practice forced Cage to redshirt and KBW to play earlier than the coaches and him wanted.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GrantDuck wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:Out - Brooks, Dorsey, Boucher, Bell, Ennis, and Benson
TBD - Sorkin and KBW

Did I miss anything?
Glad Keith Smith is returning. Guy can be an elite defender. Just needs to improve his shooting.

Interested to see how it all works out. Brown is going to be a pretty transcendent player, but still a freshman(which means growing pains, regardless learning the college game). His demeanor, maturity, measurables (6' 11" wingspan!) and overall game seem pretty special.

Think the key(outside of transfers/recruiting of course) is going to be if Payton Pritchard makes that step to be a force by mid-season. He had a couple of moves in the Kansas/UNC games that made my eyes damn near pop out of my head, but then would airball a pretty good look from 3.
I liken Smith's game to UNCs big wings that took out Brooks and Dorsey. If he works on his shot, he's like Jackson and an NBA player. If not, he's a good college player like Pinson. I'll take either on our team.

Also interested to see how good White is.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duckattack7 wrote:I think Dylan Ennis might make a team too 6'4 athletic PGs as what the NBA loves and that nasty block on Hicks has to have gained NBA teams attention. Kinda reminds me of Malcolm Brogdon. We shall see though.
Isn't Ennis 6'2?