Casey Benson officially requested transfer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Casey Benson officially requested transfer

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Announced that he will graduate and transfer after spring term.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Casey Benson officially requested transfer

Post by Phenom »

Don't get this but whatever. Good luck Casey!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Agreed. He would have been a great senior leader and added some depth. Oh well
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

It makes perfect sense to me. He isn't starting and it's his senior year, why stay?

With that being said, next years team is going to be so young. Only guy with any big time minutes will be Pritchard. I could see them struggling mightily early on and at the PK80 tourney. The team will have a ton of potential if they land McCoy and some of the other names floating out there but it's going to take time for them to gel.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sucks to see another guy who's helped build the program back up after the rough 2014/15 offseason. Looks like he's headed to Grand Canyon University, where his brother is an assistant and he can be the man at school close to home. Pritchard and Brown are going to be the primary ball handlers so it's looking like Bailey is going to be their main backup at PG. They now need to get another scorer at the wing/guard spots since they only have Bailey, Pritchard, Brown, Smith and Kigab.

Also, Oregon continues to not have any guys that make it all 4 years. Only one so far recruited by Altman is Jonathan Loyd.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Found this tweet funny with the current makeup of the team:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

One more reason to hope Brown can join the team.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I worry about leadership more than about talent, TBH. I think Dana is a good enough coach to make everyone buy in, but who will be the guy to step up on the court?
Last edited by Phenom on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:LMAO. I worry about leadership more than about talent, TBH. I think Dana is a good enough coach to make everyone buy in, but who will be the guy to step up on the court?
That's my thing as well. There's really no one on the roster who can lead the team through tough times or speak up when people aren't working hard enough. Just don't think Pritchard, Smith, or any of the other returners have that kind of vocal ability or leadership to do stuff like Benson, Ennis, Bell, Boucher and Brooks did. Altman is going to have his work cut out in this regard. He's going to have to prove his system works regardless of experience and it can be like Kentucky's system of integrating basically an entirely new team every season.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Prichard lead his HS team to 4 titles, and was the starting pg of the final 4 run. I'd bet he can lead a team.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Prichard lead his HS team to 4 titles, and was the starting pg of the final 4 run. I'd bet he can lead a team.
Except he was never a very vocal guy until about his JR season and even then he still was not completely comfortable in that role. A big reason the past couple seasons have gone so well was by having guys like Brooks, Dorsey, Bell, Benson, and Ennis speak up and get everyone going in one direction. Not really sure Pritchard is going to be able to do it on his own with so few players having much playing experience.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Sucks to see another guy who's helped build the program back up after the rough 2014/15 offseason. Looks like he's headed to Grand Canyon University, where his brother is an assistant and he can be the man at school close to home. Pritchard and Brown are going to be the primary ball handlers so it's looking like Bailey is going to be their main backup at PG. They now need to get another scorer at the wing/guard spots since they only have Bailey, Pritchard, Brown, Smith and Kigab.

Also, Oregon continues to not have any guys that make it all 4 years. Only one so far recruited by Altman is Jonathan Loyd.
That makes a lot more sense. Best of luck to him.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Kigab is suppose to be that "guy" kinda like Brooks no? I know he hasn't stepping on campus but sometimes people surprise so we shall see.
Return Of the Quack!
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

GCU is actually a school on the rise as well. They have a pretty famous home court atmosphere and sine he has a family member there it would make sense. Good luck to Casey !
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

A link to the O-Live story about it: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... hort_index