Three Star Recruit

Re: Ducks visiting Pitt grad transfer Cameron Johnson

Post by HomeSickDuck »

northbeachsf wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
Phenom wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:I'd rather take him than Elijah Brown. He's a better shooter and he has 2 years of eligibility. It's always nice to have a 6'6 shooting guard, great length for that position.
Elijah Brown is a better scorer. I have a feeling we're going to need that from the perimeter next year.
Johnson is a much better shooter than brown, being a scorer and a shooter can be different. From the highlights I would agree that brown is a better slasher and getting to the rim, but not a better shooter and that's something we desperately need. Take me both? With 2 out of the three of McCoy, Wooten and Shittu if he reclassifies. And if Sorkin ends up transferring take mike from duquesne.
Absolutely take both if both will come. Need scorers and leadership IMO.

Then take Mike, Wooten, and Shittu with the other 3 spots (assuming Sorkin leaves and McCoy is out)
Where are you hearing that McCoy is out? From what I've been seeing it's between us and UNLV. He has strong family ties there.
I am pretty sure he is visiting right now with Izzo, so that is probably not a great sign for us.
http://isportsweb.com/2017/04/19/michig ... mccoy-msu/

Honestly, it will be okay as long as we get McCoy OR Shittu and Wooten, which seems possible. If Altman manages to land all three (long shot), look out.
All three is a definite possibility. Prehm crystal balled Wooten to us today. I still think we get McCoy, and sounds like we're in good shape if shittu does reclassify. I think I read somewhere that shittu and McCoy were friends, so that's a plus. This team is going to look very different next year but I think it's going to be one of the most talented we've had, just very young.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Ducks visiting Pitt grad transfer Cameron Johnson

Post by Phenom »

northbeachsf wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
Phenom wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:I'd rather take him than Elijah Brown. He's a better shooter and he has 2 years of eligibility. It's always nice to have a 6'6 shooting guard, great length for that position.
Elijah Brown is a better scorer. I have a feeling we're going to need that from the perimeter next year.
Johnson is a much better shooter than brown, being a scorer and a shooter can be different. From the highlights I would agree that brown is a better slasher and getting to the rim, but not a better shooter and that's something we desperately need. Take me both? With 2 out of the three of McCoy, Wooten and Shittu if he reclassifies. And if Sorkin ends up transferring take mike from duquesne.
Absolutely take both if both will come. Need scorers and leadership IMO.

Then take Mike, Wooten, and Shittu with the other 3 spots (assuming Sorkin leaves and McCoy is out)
Where are you hearing that McCoy is out? From what I've been seeing it's between us and UNLV. He has strong family ties there.
I am pretty sure he is visiting right now with Izzo, so that is probably not a great sign for us.
http://isportsweb.com/2017/04/19/michig ... mccoy-msu/

Honestly, it will be okay as long as we get McCoy OR Shittu and Wooten, which seems possible. If Altman manages to land all three (long shot), look out.
UPDATE: McCoy is heading to Virginia for the Allen Iverson Roundball Classic. He still is a highly targeted MSU recruit and has not officially made his decision as to where he will play basketball next year.