5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: 5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Post by greenyellow »

Arizona's Rawle Alkins is withdrawing from the NBA Draft, which means Cam Johnson and Brian Bowen likely won't be going there.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Arizona's Rawle Alkins is withdrawing from the NBA Draft, which means Cam Johnson and Brian Bowen likely won't be going there.
This will makes things more interesting.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I really dont think anyone knows ha!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lol will tune htis out now. Hope we get him.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

justducky0 wrote:I really dont think anyone knows ha!
It sounds like he doesn't know either.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19452749

Brian Bowen is now the lone uncommitted five-star prospect. Tremont Waters is the only other uncommitted ESPN 100 prospect.
Jeff Borzello, ESPN Staff Writer
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

justducky0 wrote:I really dont think anyone knows ha!
I think Texas is a legit option. He's already visited them about 6 months ago, and with Tevin Mack transferring to Alabama, there is a spot open for him to start.

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Phenom wrote:lol will tune htis out now. Hope we get him.
Pretty much how I'm feeling about this too. I don't really care at this point. He will have 5 new schools in the mix projecting as his leader before this is done. DOubt we get him at this point, but I'd be very happy if we did.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Post by duckduckgoose »

Kyle's Brother wrote:
Pretty much how I'm feeling about this too. I don't really care at this point. He will have 5 new schools in the mix projecting as his leader before this is done. DOubt we get him at this point, but I'd be very happy if we did.
I'm on the fence about getting these one and done type players. I don't really like the Kentucky model of replacing a whole team every year, even if we win a championship every three or four years. The thing I love about college bball is watching players and teams grow from year to year. Give a team of 4* players who will stay 2-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by duckduckgoose on Thu May 25, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:
I'm on the fence about getting these one and she done type players. I don't really like the Kentucky model of replacing a whole team every year, even if we win a championship every three or four years. The thing I love about college bball is watching players and teams grow from year to year. Give a team of 4* players who will stay 2-4 years.

I don't think we will ever have the Kentucky problem. I think if Oregon's success continues, you'll see guys leaving after two or three years. We will rarely get a one and done.

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Landing Bowen would be huge in terms of future recruiting. With guys like Bowen it's almost like a branding thing. Makes Oregon look like a more viable option for high profile recruits. I don't think he's a one and done though. Good length and pretty obviously a great natural scorer, but he's not uber-athletic.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:
I'm on the fence about getting these one and she done type players. I don't really like the Kentucky model of replacing a whole team every year, even if we win a championship every three or four years. The thing I love about college bball is watching players and teams grow from year to year. Give a team of 4* players who will stay 2-4 years.

I don't think we will ever have the Kentucky problem. I think if Oregon's success continues, you'll see guys leaving after two or three years. We will rarely get a one and done.
As long as we do it the "right" way, who cares how we get a ship. I see these kids play every year and they thank the fans but I know they don't care much about us. They are here to get to the pro level or get a degree. I root for the Oregon brand, not 19 year olds. I am too old for that garbage. Individuals come and go, I just try to keep perspective on their impact on my personal life and its essentially non-existent. I wish nothing against any future, present, or past duck, but I can't get to attached to the players (expect MariGOATa)
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

duxforlyfe wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:

As long as we do it the "right" way, who cares how we get a ship. I see these kids play every year and they thank the fans but I know they don't care much about us. They are here to get to the pro level or get a degree. I root for the Oregon brand, not 19 year olds. I am too old for that garbage. Individuals come and go, I just try to keep perspective on their impact on my personal life and its essentially non-existent. I wish nothing against any future, present, or past duck, but I can't get to attached to the players (expect MariGOATa)
That's fair but I doubt you're speaking for the majority here. Most of us get attached to players and root for them as individuals.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »