MiKyle McIntosh Edit: QUACK!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Re: MiKyle McIntosh Edit: QUACK!

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Sorkin is so far below pac 12 level that we'd actually be better off playing a wing at the 5. Sorkin can't guard or rebound the position, and he can't contribute at the offensive end beyond spot up shooting from the perimeter. He's a lot like some of the weaker big men that Ernie had. He might as well be a walk on. If KBW leaves it will be Cage and Wooten at the 5. Sorkin won't see any meaningful minutes for us. Wooten looks exactly like Bell when he was a freshman. He's long and athletic enough to play the 5 in Altman's system. It will just be a matter of putting on muscle for him. He'll play from day one though. Super raw, but defense won't be an issue for him.

I think we're likely to see Cage/Wooten rotating next to McIntosh/White, with Kigab maybe seeing some time at the "4."
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Sorkin is basically a wing. He is not quick enough on offense or defense to log major minutes at the wing position at this level. However, he is a smart player and it is reasonable to think he can contribute 5 minutes per game as a roll player against most other teams bench players.

Macintosh has a 6'10" wingspan so he may be able to help on the low block. That being said, Oregon will struggle against teams that have legit 7-footers next season, especially if KBW does not come back. Arizona is going to be really rough.

Cage has a 7'2" wingspan and can get off the floor big time. If I had to guess he will log a ton of minutes
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I have Cage pencilled in as my 5 if KBW doesn't come back. Supposedly he's a monster rebounder. Not sure how he is on defense.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Yeah, it'll be either White or McIntosh at the 4. Wooten off the bench.

5 is the scary thought. Sorkin and Cage could be our only options if KBW leaves.
I could be wrong, but nothing white showed at Georgetown, says starter to me.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Yeah, it'll be either White or McIntosh at the 4. Wooten off the bench.

5 is the scary thought. Sorkin and Cage could be our only options if KBW leaves.
I could be wrong, but nothing white showed at Georgetown, says starter to me.
Have you heard anything about him at practice?
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I never saw White at Georgetown, but their fans were pretty upset when he left. Sounds like he was a promising player there. Sounds like he has more of a below the rim game than most post players we've had in recent years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, but he's gonna play a huge role either way. We're too thin up front for him not to.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Kyle's Brother wrote:I never saw White at Georgetown, but their fans were pretty upset when he left. Sounds like he was a promising player there. Sounds like he has more of a below the rim game than most post players we've had in recent years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, but he's gonna play a huge role either way. We're too thin up front for him not to.
Agree. Also, keep in mind that White was not totally healthy in either of his two seasons at Georgetown. I think his sophomore year he only played a total of 7 games. He is a former Top 50 recruit and is now 100% healthy. I suspect you will see a completely different player next season.

High school film looks GOOOOOOD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHGyP7dVi4o