Bol Bol will visit Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Re: Bol Bol will visit Oregon

Post by justducky0 »

Yall must not know that much about Manute Bol if you think he was broke when he died.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

justducky0 wrote:Yall must not know that much about Manute Bol if you think he was broke when he died.
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the Bol's. Just going off of the statistic that 60% of NBA players are broke after they retire. Just playing the odds.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
justducky0 wrote:Yall must not know that much about Manute Bol if you think he was broke when he died.
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the Bol's. Just going off of the statistic that 60% of NBA players are broke after they retire. Just playing the odds.

Manute wasn't from the same background as the average NBA player though. He didn't have an entire neighborhood asking him for money, and hanger on friends who just wanted a free ride.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Ok the links I could find said he died with 7 Million to his estate. That's not that much money and doesn't he have like 12 kids too? I know he did a lot of charity work but if you know anything about people with wealth, having some isn't going to stop some of them from taking a bribe, just the same way that some poor people won't take a bribe.

If there are any bag men operating right now they're nuckin futs, which is also why this should play into our favor for getting Bol and Barrett because I think we've got the best situation for each of them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pretty awesome to be in his final 2. Not too stoked about Kentucky getting the last visit, because it's Calipari.

But hey when you are in the final 2, anything can happen.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sounds like mom is still a bit pissed Cal cut him from the national team. Hope that works in our favor.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote:Ok the links I could find said he died with 7 Million to his estate. That's not that much money and doesn't he have like 12 kids too?
Algebra problem: If you project to die with 1x. Manut Bol dying with $7MM to his name is [y]x. What is [y]?
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Ok the links I could find said he died with 7 Million to his estate. That's not that much money and doesn't he have like 12 kids too?
Algebra problem: If you project to die with 1x. Manut Bol dying with $7MM to his name is [y]x. What is [y]?
[y]x/taxes
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like he's making another trip up to Oregon this weekend. Hopefully he's not turned off by the rain showers we're supposed to be getting.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/17/bo ... to-oregon/
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like he's making another trip up to Oregon this weekend. Hopefully he's not turned off by the rain showers we're supposed to be getting.

This is good news.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like he's making another trip up to Oregon this weekend. Hopefully he's not turned off by the rain showers we're supposed to be getting.

I love it, he has a final two, but if he can't make a decision he will open up his recruitment to more schools.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

there's also info this has a scrimmage saturday night in La and he will be there
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Can't ask for a better position. C'mon DA and staff, do work!

How fun would it be to have a player like Bol Bol on our team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Always laugh when I see posts like this. One and done recruits don't typically care about weather. And have you ever been to Kentucky?

Bol grew up in Kansas btw.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Nemec predicts Bol to Oregon, fwiw: http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... iver_index