Arrests coming to NCAA BB programs and apparel firm!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Re: Arrests coming to NCAA BB programs and apparel firm!!

Post by Groundswell »

Greenblood wrote:I do wish Mullens would say something, even if it's something like, "We're aware of the FBI investigation into certain basketball programs. I have spoken with Coach Altman about it and I'm confident our basketball program has not been involved in any of the alleged improprieties that have been reported in the media," etc. But maybe the AD feels it's best not to draw extra attention to it.
Seems like a situation where you don't make a statement unless you have to. Don't want to say something one day and get burned on it the next.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Pitino confirmed to be mentioned a few times in the FBI investigation. Also Miami self reports the are indeed part of the investigation. Alabama fires head of basketball Operations.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ifuwant2 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:I do wish Mullens would say something, even if it's something like, "We're aware of the FBI investigation into certain basketball programs. I have spoken with Coach Altman about it and I'm confident our basketball program has not been involved in any of the alleged improprieties that have been reported in the media," etc. But maybe the AD feels it's best not to draw extra attention to it.
Seems like a situation where you don't make a statement unless you have to. Don't want to say something one day and get burned on it the next.
Exactly.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Nemec article about Arizona allegedly throwing $ at a couple of recruits: http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... iver_index

Wonder if Miller can last through this.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Greenblood wrote:Nemec article about Arizona allegedly throwing $ at a couple of recruits: http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... iver_index

Wonder if Miller can last through this.
I read that earlier and I don't see how any of the head coaches survive. Look at Pitino, his assistant was arrested but it was flat out said Putin called the shots and called adidas directly. No way Miller didn't know.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Pitino, sorry new phone has the weirdest auto correct I've ever had!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

At the very least, you'd think that Richardson, facing up to 80 years in prison, will be very "open" about any other people who knew, if that means the prosecutors go light on him.

Here's a UA basketball message board I found that has some different threads on this topic, if anyone's interested: https://247sports.com/college/arizona/B ... all-102969
Last edited by Greenblood on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Greenblood wrote:At the very least, you'd think that Richardson, facing up to 80 years in prison, will be very "open" about any other people who knew, if that means the prosecutors go light on him.
Exactly! The bus is about to roll, question is who gets rolled over. Pitino is 100% done in college coaching. Louisville will probably get hammered by the NCAA. Arizona and USC as well. Oklahoma State maybe to a lesser degree?

The real red flag for me is Alabama. Why fire a guy that's not part of the investigation or even charged? Oh and Auburn, no way they get away with it this time.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Okie State quietly fired Evans in the last hour.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

My wife is a die hard AZ fan. She already has her Final Four tickets for next year. Needless to say...she is NOT too happy right now. BTW....Anyone need 4 tickets to the Final Four??
:lol:

Joking aside, Miller is stand up guy and I really have a hard time believing he would do something like this. I hope he makes it through, just because I LOVE watching those Altman / Miller battles.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Oregon is clean....I just don't see it. Who would they have possibly tried to steer?? Brooks?? Bell?? Those guys were completely under the radar out of HS. Even Dorsey was 4* and not a clear first rounder or "shoe deal type" talent. Plus his parents have money. Plus we have lost out on every high profile 5* we have been after for the last few years (McCoy, Murray, Bowen, etc).

I just don't see it. I hope I am right.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

northbeachsf wrote:Oregon is clean....I just don't see it. Who would they have possibly tried to steer?? Brooks?? Bell?? Those guys were completely under the radar out of HS. Even Dorsey was 4* and not a clear first rounder or "shoe deal type" talent. Plus his parents have money. Plus we have lost out on every high profile 5* we have been after for the last few years (McCoy, Murray, Bowen, etc).

I hope you are too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

northbeachsf wrote:Oregon is clean....I just don't see it. Who would they have possibly tried to steer?? Brooks?? Bell?? Those guys were completely under the radar out of HS. Even Dorsey was 4* and not a clear first rounder or "shoe deal type" talent. Plus his parents have money. Plus we have lost out on every high profile 5* we have been after for the last few years (McCoy, Murray, Bowen, etc).

Tyler Dorsey was the #28 player in his class. I think that would've been a fairly safe bet to throw a few sheckles at in case he blows up.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pretty sure Brian Bowen's parents had money and that didn't stop them..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

StevensTechU wrote:

Tyler Dorsey was the #28 player in his class. I think that would've been a fairly safe bet to throw a few sheckles at in case he blows up.
We'll just have to wait and see. If a couple of weeks go by and we hear of nothing nefarious, I'm figuring we're probably ok. (Dorsey was a 5*, at least per Rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... dorsey-153)