Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Post by StevensTechU »

Phalanx wrote:That's interesting. The Q.O. that the Warriors offered was reported as $1.8 million.

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2019/ ... free-agent

Now, Jordan is agreeing with Minnesota to $1.6 million. I wonder what we are missing, or if Bell ever took math while he was at Oregon. :lol:

Sure wish the Blazers could get Bell at that price.
More playing time = more career earnings. Maybe he took finance classes...

Joseph Young had a good game for LAL after not playing in their first contest.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:
Phalanx wrote:That's interesting. The Q.O. that the Warriors offered was reported as $1.8 million.

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2019/ ... free-agent

Now, Jordan is agreeing with Minnesota to $1.6 million. I wonder what we are missing, or if Bell ever took math while he was at Oregon. :lol:

Sure wish the Blazers could get Bell at that price.
More playing time = more career earnings. Maybe he took finance classes...
Whoosh. You totally missed the point of that post. I was trying to figure out why the Warriors would extend the Q.O. at $1.8 million, and then not match a $1.6 million offer sheet. Obviously, something changed and they decided they didn't want him after all. Otherwise, they would have just retained him for $200k less. If Bell was restricted, he would not have signed an offer sheet for less money unless there was some communication with the Warriors in advance that they would let him go.
UofDuck
Senior

Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Post by UofDuck »

Does anyone know the minimum years required to be on a roster to earn pension with the NBA? I think it’s 5 with the NFL. Just curious where a few of our boys might be in terms of a decent future retirement, assuming the NBA has similar.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

UofDuck wrote:Does anyone know the minimum years required to be on a roster to earn pension with the NBA? I think it’s 5 with the NFL. Just curious where a few of our boys might be in terms of a decent future retirement, assuming the NBA has similar.
https://www.investopedia.com/financial- ... plans.aspx

NBA
NBA players have one of the most generous pension plans in all of professional sports. They are vested into their pension plans after playing at least three seasons in the league. The minimum benefit for a player that retires at the age of 62 is $56,988 per year - not a bad retirement for a three-year career. The maximum benefit for any player is $195,000, and it takes 11 years of NBA service to qualify for this benefit.

But that's not all! NBA players are also eligible to participate in a league-sponsored 401(k). Do you think your 401(k) plan is good with a 50% matching policy? The NBA matches player's contributions up to 140%. (Learn more about retirement plans in Independent 401(K): A Top Retirement Vehicle For Sole Proprietors.)
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Boucher 24 and 12 last night, Troy Brown 16 and 9 too
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Elgin Cook hit the game winning 3 to get the win for the Golden Eagles 83-81, and move them forward in The Basketball Tournament https://www.thetournament.com/2019-tbt-schedule
Wichita Regional
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

First few NBA games Dillon Brooks has looked good, Good scorer (he had 31 tonight against the Timberwolves) even if he some makes defensive lapses. Troy Brown Jr. has only been a couple of games. But I get the feeling that he stuck playing for a coach in Scott Brooks that doesn't plan to use him much. Bol Bol is set to feature in the G league but I have no idea when. The G league teams start playing on Saturday. As for Boucher, I agree with Raptors fans, he's probably reached his ceiling just getting garbage minutes at this point.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

mattc94 wrote:First few NBA games Dillon Brooks has looked good, Good scorer (he had 31 tonight against the Timberwolves) even if he some makes defensive lapses. Troy Brown Jr. has only been a couple of games. But I get the feeling that he stuck playing for a coach in Scott Brooks that doesn't plan to use him much. Bol Bol is set to feature in the G league but I have no idea when. The G league teams start playing on Saturday. As for Boucher, I agree with Raptors fans, he's probably reached his ceiling just getting garbage minutes at this point.
He's playing well:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
UofDuck wrote:Does anyone know the minimum years required to be on a roster to earn pension with the NBA? I think it’s 5 with the NFL. Just curious where a few of our boys might be in terms of a decent future retirement, assuming the NBA has similar.

NBA
NBA players have one of the most generous pension plans in all of professional sports. They are vested into their pension plans after playing at least three seasons in the league. The minimum benefit for a player that retires at the age of 62 is $56,988 per year - not a bad retirement for a three-year career. The maximum benefit for any player is $195,000, and it takes 11 years of NBA service to qualify for this benefit.

But that's not all! NBA players are also eligible to participate in a league-sponsored 401(k). Do you think your 401(k) plan is good with a 50% matching policy? The NBA matches player's contributions up to 140%. (Learn more about retirement plans in Independent 401(K): A Top Retirement Vehicle For Sole Proprietors.)
NFL is similar and matches $2 for every $1 a player contributes and only roughly 25% of the players actually contribute to their 401k. Essentially, 75% of the players in the NFL throw away the maximum match value of $28k every single year because they don't contribute. I don't know how many contribute in the NBA, but hopefully it is better than the NFL.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:

NBA

Since the cap on personal 401k contributions is still $19,000 annually ($19.5k next year), that means the NBA is only putting in $26.6k per player on top of their millions of salary. Not exactly gonna break the bank for them.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
mattc94 wrote:First few NBA games Dillon Brooks has looked good, Good scorer (he had 31 tonight against the Timberwolves) even if he some makes defensive lapses. Troy Brown Jr. has only been a couple of games. But I get the feeling that he stuck playing for a coach in Scott Brooks that doesn't plan to use him much. Bol Bol is set to feature in the G league but I have no idea when. The G league teams start playing on Saturday. As for Boucher, I agree with Raptors fans, he's probably reached his ceiling just getting garbage minutes at this point.
He's playing well:
Man, it is so nice to see Brooks doing so well. As bad as the Blazers will be this year, it's great to be able to watch a few ducks on different teams.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Big night for Chris Boucher. Averaging only six minutes so far this season, he got 24 minutes of run tonight against the Lakers. He made the most of it, tying his career high with 15 points. He also threw in four blocks, including two on LeBron.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Tray Dub wrote:Big night for Chris Boucher. Averaging only six minutes so far this season, he got 24 minutes of run tonight against the Lakers. He made the most of it, tying his career high with 15 points. He also threw in four blocks, including two on LeBron.
Look like he's gained some muscle. Not surprised it's taken him a while to get going. That injury on top of being so skinny. Probably took hil a while to get used to the pro game too. He's one of the hardest workers Altman ever had. Glad to see Boucher had a breakout game.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Boucher blocked LeBron and Anthony Davis on consecutive possessions. That's awesome.