Tyler Herro

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Tyler Herro

Post by OG Duck »

Looks like Altman is doing an in-home visit with Herro: http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... sg_to.html

This kid is legit. The way he moves reminds me a lot of CJ McCollum. He has a real knack for using body feints and hesitation for getting his defender off-balance and/or creating space for himself. And once he succeeds in that, he uses his silky smooth jumper. He doesn't have the quickest first step, but he manages to get to the hoop because defenses have to respect his jumper. Just a really solid scorer in general. I would be pleased if Altman manages to reel him in.

Highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGyBVAA5qxg
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Tyler Herro

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yes, please. CJ comparison looks spot on with the eye ball test.

I really like his game. Gonna be interesting to see if he could fit in with all the other guys we are pursing. If Richardson picks Oregon, there's no way we'd take Herro, right? (Update: Well it sounds like a player might be transferring out of Oregon, perhaps opening another scholarship)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon can easily fit 5 players in the 2018 class since there's 3 SRs and 2 currently unused scholarships. With Norris and King committed, that leaves 3 spots. Assuming Bol Bol and Richardson commit, there's still room for either Barrett or someone else like Herro. If someone transfers out (thinking it could be someone like White, Smith, or Bailey), then there's room for a 6th member.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon can easily fit 5 players in the 2018 class since there's 3 SRs and 2 currently unused scholarships. With Norris and King committed, that leaves 3 spots. Assuming Bol Bol and Richardson commit, there's still room for either Barrett or someone else like Herro. If someone transfers out (thinking it could be someone like White, Smith, or Bailey), then there's room for a 6th member.
I understand we have three spots, but do we want two guards (Richardson/Herro) to fill that spot? I just have a hard time seeing that. Would think we would go with either 2 bigs or a big and a forward.

laxattack22
One Star Recruit

Post by laxattack22 »

Hi TK, what are you hearing regarding a potential player transferring? I agree that would make the most sense if we were trying to bring in two guards this class, but I haven't seen anything yet regarding any current players looking to transfer out yet. Is there a specific player that you may be hearing rumblings about? -Thanks
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

laxattack22 wrote:Hi TK, what are you hearing regarding a potential player transferring? I agree that would make the most sense if we were trying to bring in two guards this class, but I haven't seen anything yet regarding any current players looking to transfer out yet. Is there a specific player that you may be hearing rumblings about? -Thanks
Matt from 247 had mentioned a transfer. I'm sure we'll hear about it in the next couple days.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So they're basically going to be down to 10 scholarship for the upcoming season? Just hoping it's not Wooten, Bailey, Brown, Kigab, or Pritchard.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:So they're basically going to be down to 10 scholarship for the upcoming season? Just hoping it's not Wooten, Bailey, Brown, Kigab, or Pritchard.
Purely speculation on my part, but I could see it being Keith Smith. He makes the most sense. The young guys coming in are probably jumping him on the depth chart, and he's not an upperclassman like Sorkin, so his leaving would impact the schollie count for next year. I think he'd be a good role player these next few years, but it's possible he could be looking for a bigger role.

I can't imagine it would be one of the freshman yet (though we've seen crazy things like that with Jabari Brown and Bruce Barron). Also Pritchard would be a huge shock, as he's the leader on the team now. I don't see any reason he would want to transfer.
oregonpride
Two Star Recruit

Post by oregonpride »

Sorkin is the likely transfer of there will be one.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Probably not a good sign with Barrett if we are moving on to other guys.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Probably not a good sign with Barrett if we are moving on to other guys.
I actually think this may be the alternate to Richardson. All of a sudden there is zero discussion about him and Oregon. If Bol commits to Oregon tonight, I think Barrett is still in play. However, Duke probably stillleads.
Last edited by northbeachsf on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Is there some reason why Bol would commit tonight?
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

northbeachsf wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Probably not a good sign with Barrett if we are moving on to other guys.
I actually think this may be the alternate to Richardson. All of a sudden there is zero discussion about him and Oregon. If Bol commits to Oregon tonight, I think Barrett is still in play. However, Duke probably stillleads.
I think either Matt or Erik said that one of the biggest reasons for Richardson's interest in UO was Emiitt Williams...and that ship has sailed/sunk.
OregonVato
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonVato »

What is Cage's injury status? He didn't play in the scrimmage today, so maybe he is the transfer?