AP Poll released

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

AP Poll released

Post by Greenblood »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... s/_/poll/1

No big surprises regarding Pac-12 teams. Arizona #3, USC #10, UCLA #21. Ducks with just two votes (twice as many as Harvard :o ).
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: AP Poll released

Post by duckduckgoose »

Greenblood wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... s/_/poll/1

No big surprises regarding Pac-12 teams. Arizona #3, USC #10, UCLA #21. Ducks with just two votes (twice as many as Harvard :o ).
Wow Utah Valley plays #1 Duke and #5 Kentucky this week! What a way to kick off a season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Also happened to run across this, which ranks every team. Ducks at 45th.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ball-1-351
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Greenblood wrote:Also happened to run across this, which ranks every team. Ducks at 45th.

45th seems extremely low.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oklahoma 33 btw

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

karlhungis wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Also happened to run across this, which ranks every team. Ducks at 45th.

45th seems extremely low.
Agreed. As we know, Altman's teams generally have this tendency to exceed expectations and so it seems odd to me to see the level of regard for this season's Ducks seem to be as low as it is. Fortunately there's a long season to change that perception.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Everyone is just basing this off the fact that we lost 6 of our top 7 guys from last year. They aren't taking into account that we picked up: Elijah Brown and Mikyle McKintosh as grad transfers that should plug and play. On top of those two Troy Brown will be a stud and we add in Paul White. Now, filling in for 5 guys who made summer league rosters isn't easy but I think the 'experts' don't know that we added these guys, namely the grad transfers.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Everyone is just basing this off the fact that we lost 6 of our top 7 guys from last year. They aren't taking into account that we picked up: Elijah Brown and Mikyle McKintosh as grad transfers that should plug and play. On top of those two Troy Brown will be a stud and we add in Paul White. Now, filling in for 5 guys who made summer league rosters isn't easy but I think the 'experts' don't know that we added these guys, namely the grad transfers.
And I think the two graduate transfers ("GTs") could be a real X-factor for the Ducks this year. GTs bring in experience and maturity -- beyond the fact that E. Brown and McKintosh are quality collegiate basketball players -- that i don't think can be easily quantified. And throw in Altman's demonstrated ability to integrate GTs into his team, and I'm really excited about what this team might be able to accomplish.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Greenblood wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Everyone is just basing this off the fact that we lost 6 of our top 7 guys from last year. They aren't taking into account that we picked up: Elijah Brown and Mikyle McKintosh as grad transfers that should plug and play. On top of those two Troy Brown will be a stud and we add in Paul White. Now, filling in for 5 guys who made summer league rosters isn't easy but I think the 'experts' don't know that we added these guys, namely the grad transfers.
And I think the two graduate transfers ("GTs") could be a real X-factor for the Ducks this year. GTs bring in experience and maturity -- beyond the fact that E. Brown and McKintosh are quality collegiate basketball players -- that i don't think can be easily quantified. And throw in Altman's demonstrated ability to integrate GTs into his team, and I'm really excited about what this team might be able to accomplish.
These pre-season polls are the same in both basketball and football; not a lot of thinking involved, what thinking was involved with Oregon was that Bell, Brooks and Dorsey, Boucher are gone. Kentucky has turned over their roster year after year, but the voters are used to putting them up high to start.