Coppin State @ Oregon (Friday 9 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Re: Coppin State @ Oregon (Friday 9 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by desertfan »

Roman "Dirk Nowitzki" Sorkin :lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has really struggled getting shots within the offense. Everything in the 2nd half seems to be one-on-one drives or prayers to beat the shot clock. I'm sure Altman will get on them for some of the mistakes they've made tonight.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Coppin State hits another three and are within 10 with just under 3 minutes to play. Oregon's defense is still very much a work in progress.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon survives a bad 2nd half performance and wins 70-54. Sorkin led the team with 23 points while Troy Brown had 18 points.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Yeah, pretty ugly game. Hopefully they bounce back with a better overall performance on Monday.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gogreen55 wrote:Yeah, pretty ugly game. Hopefully they bounce back with a better overall performance on Monday.
With a young, inexperienced team, games like this will happen against lesser opponents. Good example is Kentucky only beating Utah Valley State tonight by only 10 points.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Don't expect him to do THAT every night..but told ya'll Roman candle is much improved!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Bailey and Kigab looked like freshman. It's not like they lack confidence (opposite of Smith), they just don't look ready yet. The transfers also looked out of sorts tonight.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

This was the first game I have seen, so I am not going to jump to any rash conclusions. With that in mind, Kigab looks totally out of control. I don't know why they have him handling the ball so much since he looks like a turnover waiting to happen. I was under the impression he would be more of a garbage player that would do things without the ball in his hands, but you wouldn't guess it based on last night. Bailey's stroke doesn't look very pretty, so it is hard for me to imagine him being a reliable perimeter threat this season.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i say this game is the best of both worlds. got some spurts of really good basketball that showed how good the team may eventually become, and then the guys totally no-showed after halftime which will leave plenty of stuff for Altman to yell about in film study and practice.

these elite recruits are so fun. troy brown is smooth.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

McIntosh, Elijah Brown, Kigab, and Bailey all struggled. They all looked nervous/anxious to me. I'm not worried about any of them. They all have the tools to succeed. I'm a little worried about Keith Smith. He looks just as nervous/out of control as he did a year ago. Looks like a mental thing with him. I think Altman will figure out ways to utilize each of those players while hiding their weaknesses.

I'm really worried about our bigs. White and Cage both have long histories of picking up injuries. Without them we have nothing after Wooten down lown. McIntosh might have the strength to battle, but he's really not a tall player at all. It takes something really special to excel with that kind of size down low in our conference.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We looked good in our preseason games cuz we shot behind the arc pretty welll.

Tonight, we couldn’t get our outside to go. And as a result, it was a much closer game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13