MJ Cage back?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MJ Cage back?

Post by greenyellow »

From DT's Whisper in the Woods today, it sounds like MJ Cage is practicing with the team again. May be too early to tell if he sticks for the long haul but it'd be a good sign to at least see him on the bench when the team opens the season on Friday.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: MJ Cage back?

Post by Phalanx »

Not sure what the issue is with Cage, but you have to think that Altman would find minutes for a guy with his size on a team with a serious dearth of big men, unless he is just terrible. Perhaps this fact is convincing him to stay on board? It's too bad he has missed the pre-season games. Hopefully he is committed to remaining with the team.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:Not sure what the issue is with Cage, but you have to think that Altman would find minutes for a guy with his size on a team with a serious dearth of big men, unless he is just terrible. Perhaps this fact is convincing him to stay on board? It's too bad he has missed the pre-season games. Hopefully he is committed to remaining with the team.
The issues are injuries.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

This would be nice.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Not sure what the issue is with Cage, but you have to think that Altman would find minutes for a guy with his size on a team with a serious dearth of big men, unless he is just terrible. Perhaps this fact is convincing him to stay on board? It's too bad he has missed the pre-season games. Hopefully he is committed to remaining with the team.
The issues are injuries.
Yeah, nothing to do with playing time. Also heard MJ Cage payed well against Oklahoma in our scrimmage win.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

cool...hope we can keep him healthy all year...cant have enough bigs ..
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Could end up being massive for us. I hope he can stay injury free and get his career on track. Really high ceiling on this kid. He's a big body with a soft touch and good feet, but most importantly he can rebound. I have a feeling that's one of the things we'll struggle with at times this year. We have a lot of guys that can rebound their positions really well, but when we come up against guys like Ayton and Travis it will take a massive effort to keep them from grabbing 20 boards. McIntosh and White look really good so far, but I think they would be overmatched on the boards playing against the big, athletic posts in our conference.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Kyle's Brother wrote:Could end up being massive for us. I hope he can stay injury free and get his career on track. Really high ceiling on this kid. He's a big body with a soft touch and good feet, but most importantly he can rebound. I have a feeling that's one of the things we'll struggle with at times this year. We have a lot of guys that can rebound their positions really well, but when we come up against guys like Ayton and Travis it will take a massive effort to keep them from grabbing 20 boards. McIntosh and White look really good so far, but I think they would be overmatched on the boards playing against the big, athletic posts in our conference.
This. I think having him on our roster is so huge. We need the rebounding and just the extra big body. I think he'll be a key contributor once we hit the heart of our schedule.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13