Early signing period begins today (11/8/17)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Early signing period begins today (11/8/17)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Wow...looks like a late push...
Come on Ducks!!!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Part of me is glad Oregon is getting this kind of serious look from highly-ranked players. On the other hand, the ducks haven't always had great success with these high-school phenoms - they never seem to live up to their billing. I'm wondering, if we have to pick between one year of Barrett and several years of Richardson, if the latter isn't the better option for the program? I do like the idea of kids in Canada (and Hawaii in football) feeling like they have a connection to Oregon though. That kind of relationship has and will continue to pay dividends.

Really hoping Bol Bol becomes a duck, in any case. He would be a serious difference-maker for our team.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

So Barrett announces at 3 p.m. PT, right?

Sure wish we knew when Bol was going to announce.
Last edited by Greenblood on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I have a bad feeling it’s gonna be Duke and I think I get that from his high school choice. He chose the best high school that was winning championships. The question is, does he want to go to a proven powerhouse like Duke or an up and coming program that is very well capable of winning at least one national championship within the next 5 years in Oregon? We’ll find out tonight! Hopefully his college choice isn’t like his high school choice!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I have a bad feeling it’s gonna be Duke and I think I get that from his high school choice. He chose the best high school that was winning championships. The question is, does he want to go to a proven powerhouse like Duke or an up and coming program that is very well capable of winning at least one national championship within the next 5 years in Oregon? We’ll find out tonight! Hopefully his college choice isn’t like his high school choice!
Ok with that assumption im going with the ducks getting his commitment. Just trying to turn a neg into
a positive.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Bol Bol has transferred to Findlay Prep in Las Vegas. Hopefully this doesn't hurt Oregon's chances for him.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/top-center- ... ndlay-prep
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like Bol Bol has transferred to Findlay Prep in Las Vegas. Hopefully this doesn't hurt Oregon's chances for him.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/top-center- ... ndlay-prep
:shock: OMIGOSH! He's not related to McCoy, is he??? :roll:
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He's definitely someone who's been to multiple schools during HS. He started off at Bishop Miege HS in Shawnee, KS for his FR and SO years, transferred to Mater Dei HS in Santa Ana, CA for his JR year, and now will be going to Findlay Prep for his SR year. Makes me really wary now.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Richardson is committing on Thursday after saying he wasn't going to do so until the spring. It's one day after early signing day so either he'll sign and then announce on Thursday or he'll commit but not sign until the spring: As for Bol Bol, he had said that he would also commit on the 16th but with him transferring, that may no longer be the plan. Rumors are that he may be waiting to see what comes down the pipeline with regards to the FBI investigation on both USC and Arizona since those were the two frontrunners before he eliminated them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like Richardson is committing on Thursday after saying he wasn't going to do so until the spring. It's one day after early signing day so either he'll sign and then announce on Thursday or he'll commit but not sign until the spring: As for Bol Bol, he had said that he would also commit on the 16th but with him transferring, that may no longer be the plan. Rumors are that he may be waiting to see what comes down the pipeline with regards to the FBI investigation on both USC and Arizona since those were the two frontrunners before he eliminated them.
Would be nice to add a guard. Richardson would be a sweet pickup.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Richardson has signed an LOI but is waiting to announce it on Thursday. The Ducks were considered his leader for the longest time so with Barrett committing to Duke, it'd be a surprise if Richardson went elsewhere.