Preseason Women's NIT

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Preseason Women's NIT

Post by Duck07 »

Down 6 at half, ladies now up 8 after the 3rd against the aggies. I've just been following the game tracker on espn.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Hebbard is 8 for 8 with 20 points after 3
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

A & M makes a run while Hebbard is on the bench but they close it out nicely, 68-83.

Sabrina ties PAC-12 career record for triple doubles 3 games into her 2nd year. She actually struggled shooting wise for a lot of the game but she is relentless.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

They play #4 Louisville on Sunday.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GrandpaDuck wrote:A & M makes a run while Hebbard is on the bench but they close it out nicely, 68-83.

Sabrina ties PAC-12 career record for triple doubles 3 games into her 2nd year. She actually struggled shooting wise for a lot of the game but she is relentless.
I thought I read somewhere that SI can tie the all time record ncaa with one more. Be nice if she did it against Louisville.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:A & M makes a run while Hebbard is on the bench but they close it out nicely, 68-83.

I thought I read somewhere that SI can tie the all time record ncaa with one more. Be nice if she did it against Louisville.
7 is the current record so she needs one to tie and two to break it. I'm sure she'll easily do that. Only question will be how many she ends up with before her career is done.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

I only saw the fourth quarter, but didn’t see Sebally play at all. Was she a factor at all in this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

duckduckgoose wrote:I only saw the fourth quarter, but didn’t see Sebally play at all. Was she a factor at all in this one?

Wow just looked at the stat sheet for the game, Sabally with four turnovers and a foul in four minutes. I think I jinxed her in an earlier post saying she had point guard handles in a power forward/center body.

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Duck07 wrote:They play #4 Louisville on Sunday.
At #5 Louisville (http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... asontype/2), Sunday, Noon PT on CBSSN. These WNIT games ought to really help the Ducks' seeding in April.

Ducks are ranked #10 right now and seemingly poised to make a big jump further up if they were, after a convincing win at #19 TAMU, to win at #5 Louisville. I think it will be interesting, however, to see their ranking if they were to lose a close one on Sunday. To my way of thinking, there's no way in that scenario (losing a close game to a highly ranked team on the road, especially after a big win on another ranked team's court) that the Ducks should at all drop from their current position; arguably, they maybe should even inch up a little further in the rankings. (Of course, I'm not exactly keeping track of how the other teams in their ranking vicinity are doing, either.) But I agree with Graves that, win or lose, these games vs. ranked teams should only help them over the long haul.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:I only saw the fourth quarter, but didn’t see Sebally play at all. Was she a factor at all in this one?

Wow just looked at the stat sheet for the game, Sabally with four turnovers and a foul in four minutes. I think I jinxed her in an earlier post saying she had point guard handles in a power forward/center body.

I don't think you're wrong about Sabally, she just didn't look comfortable in this first road game. Consistency and playing on the road will be her 2 hurdles to overcome and then watch out. Besides being on the road, they were behind most of the first half really for the first time all season and many of them (except Ruthie) played tight.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

So after losing at then #5 Louisville, Ducks remain at #10 in the polls (http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings). Nice to see the AP voters reward the difficulty of the Ducks' recent schedule.