Prairie View A&M @ Oregon (Monday 6 PM PST Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Prairie View A&M @ Oregon (Monday 6 PM PST Pac-12 Networks)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yup.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Re: Prairie View A&M @ Oregon (Monday 6 PM PST Pac-12 Networ

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon started hot but they seem to sputter whenever Pritchard isn't on the floor. They need for someone to step up as backup PG.

Also, Altman looked a bit peeved after 3 players stopped hustling on a breakaway that Sorkin eventually caught up to and blocked but Prairie View got an easy rebound and putback shot.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon up 37-28 at half. Sloppy so far on both sides of the ball. I'm sure Altman will really get on them about their defense as their rotations are a bit slow and there seems to have been a few completely blown assignments.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon up 37-28 at half. Sloppy so far on both sides of the ball. I'm sure Altman will really get on them about their defense as their rotations are a bit slow and there seems to have been a few completely blown assignments.
Pritchard has been struggling with his shot the last couple games, hope he turns that around in the second half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I don't particularly like Sorkin, but the effort he showed chasing down the breakaway was something we need to see from everyone. I wish he had quicker feet and could battle in the post. We really need a post presence this year. He has such a soft touch and good hands.

White looks really, really good though. He plays just like Leunen. I'm really liking him. He and Troy Brown have made seamless transitions into the team. Bailey, Elijah Brown, and Wooten all look promising, but still seem anxious to me. I'm loving Kigab's effort, too. He isn't the most skilled player, but he always looks fired up.

I really wish Altman would give Wooten more minutes and get Cage in there. We're really, really going to need them up to speed quickly this year. McIntosh and Sorkin have both been bullied down low so far, and they're all we have right now. Neither seem to know how to get position when the ball is coming off the rim. Very worrying.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckduckgoose wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon up 37-28 at half. Sloppy so far on both sides of the ball. I'm sure Altman will really get on them about their defense as their rotations are a bit slow and there seems to have been a few completely blown assignments.
Pritchard has been struggling with his shot the last couple games, hope he turns that around in the second half.

I don't think he's completely sure at how to run the offense while also being aggressive with looking for his shot. It's likely going to take him a few games before he's comfortable with all the new pieces around him. With Troy Brown looking like a decent PG option, they should really let Pritchard play the off-guard so he can look for his shot.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Sorkin staying has really worked out for the team. He's really toughened up despite his thin frame. Not a big guy but tenacious as hell. We would have been the proverbial creek if he had transferred.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks' speed, athleticism, and execution are just overwhelming Prairie View in the 2nd half. MJ Cage is in and got his first point on a FT. Good to see him contribute, even if it is a small one.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

If Bailey's basketball skills ever catch up to his athletic ability then he is gonna be an absolute terror. Same for Wooten.

Paul White is yet another really savvy acquisition by Altman, really solid looking ballplayer.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

mattc94 wrote:We would have been the proverbial creek if he had transferred.
lol no
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

White reminds me of Mike Moser, nice stroke from outside.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Paul White looking good tonight, I think he'll be a nice pickup and have a good season
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

desertfan wrote:If Bailey's basketball skills ever catch up to his athletic ability then he is gonna be an absolute terror. Same for Wooten.

Paul White is yet another really savvy acquisition by Altman, really solid looking ballplayer.
I'd say Kigab is in a similar boat. He's just trying to do things way too fast but you can tell he's got a lot of room for growth, almost like Dillon Brooks his FR year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks go to 2-0 with the 100-67 win. Troy Brown leads the way with 17 points followed by Paul White's 16 and Victor Bailey's 15.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Kyle's Brother wrote:
mattc94 wrote:We would have been the proverbial creek if he had transferred.
lol no
I don't get the hate for him. He's got some limitations but he's the closest thing we have to a big man and he plays tougher than his frame suggests. Once Altman has the rotations worked out I'm sure he'll find his role.