Altman discusses recruiting class

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: Altman discusses recruiting class

Post by Boom »

Amazing. Prior to the 2017 recruiting class I think Dorsey was really the only highly nationally recruited player that we signed. Now Altman is filling out his recruiting classes with them. Next year will be special.
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

Boom wrote:Amazing. Prior to the 2017 recruiting class I think Dorsey was really the only highly nationally recruited player that we signed. Now Altman is filling out his recruiting classes with them. Next year will be special.
Under Altman, or in general? They have gotten other national recruits, to varying degrees of success. The bad would be Jabari Brown #19 nationally, transferred after two games. The above average Malik Hairston #7 nationally, good career but not stellar. Jordan Bell and Pritchard were both top 100 recruits too.

There have been others. But this class does blow any other Oregon class out of the water.

I already had a man crush on Altman. It just keeps on getting stronger.
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

pdxduck wrote:
Boom wrote:Amazing. Prior to the 2017 recruiting class I think Dorsey was really the only highly nationally recruited player that we signed. Now Altman is filling out his recruiting classes with them. Next year will be special.
Under Altman, or in general? They have gotten other national recruits, to varying degrees of success. The bad would be Jabari Brown #19 nationally, transferred after two games. The above average Malik Hairston #7 nationally, good career but not stellar. Jordan Bell and Pritchard were both top 100 recruits too.

There have been others. But this class does blow any other Oregon class out of the water.

Yes, Pritch was highly recruited. Bell didn't seem to be though. Brown was kind of a fluke. I think many programs backed away from him.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Boom wrote:
pdxduck wrote:

Yes, Pritch was highly recruited. Bell didn't seem to be though. Brown was kind of a fluke. I think many programs backed away from him.
not true.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
Boom wrote:
pdxduck wrote:

not true.
+1.

Also Brooks would have been a top 50 recruit but decided to reclassify late in his Jr year.
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Boom wrote:
pdxduck wrote:

not true.
+1.

Also Brooks would have been a top 50 recruit but decided to reclassify late in his Jr year.
Were those guys recruited by top level programs around the country?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Agree with those that like Norris. Dude plays really damn hard and with intensity. He'll be able to switch 1-5 on defense and he goes after rebounds hard for a slender guy.

Bol has a bit to learn about playing hard consistently, although part of it might simply be stamina with a kid that big.

As far as other "big recruits", Ernie landed a fair number. Hairston was a top 10 kid. Bryce Taylor was fairly high. Leunen I believe was top 100. ABrooks was pretty high. Dunigan was highly rated. Ridnour was highly sought after.

But yeah, nothing like this before, obviously this is different territory.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Norris is a stud. This whole class is super silly. All 4 guys are great and should do good things at Oregon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I love me some Bol Bol, but I suspect he’ll struggle with Dana’s pace of play as a freshman. Hope not, but Pritchard MOVES that ball up the court
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

UofDuck wrote:I love me some Bol Bol, but I suspect he’ll struggle with Dana’s pace of play as a freshman. Hope not, but Pritchard MOVES that ball up the court
All Bol will need to do is block shots and defensive rebound to get our fast break off and running! He might not even have to cross mid court to be effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

It's only his highlights but one of the things that impressed me more about him was that he was the first one back after a make.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

One would think he should be able to cover a lot of ground quickly, since his stride is twice as long as Pritchard's 8-) (I jest... my brother, at 6'9", was one of the tallest players to graduate from any Oregon HS prior to 1970. Me? 5'10".)
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!