Where’s Ruthie?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Where’s Ruthie?

Post by nogerO »

Anybody know why she’s not playing tonight?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Re: Where’s Ruthie?

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO wrote:Anybody know why she’s not playing tonight?
According to Oregon WBB's Twitter account, she's out with an ankle injury.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Wow they played a great game even without Ruthie! More than doubled the score on a pretty good Hampton team. Gildon played really well, getting her first double double.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckduckgoose wrote:Wow they played a great game even without Ruthie! More than doubled the score on a pretty good Hampton team. Gildon played really well, getting her first double double.

They did what they were supposed to do, which is a good testament since they are still a fairly young team. I'm sure it also helps get some of the others ready by getting a bit more playing time with the expectation that they need to help make up for the loss of Hebard. Hopefully it's just a minor injury and not a "nagging" one as it's one thing to have someone of her caliber miss a game or two early in the season but she's a big part of the team's success.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:Wow they played a great game even without Ruthie! More than doubled the score on a pretty good Hampton team. Gildon played really well, getting her first double double.

They did what they were supposed to do, which is a good testament since they are still a fairly young team. I'm sure it also helps get some of the others ready by getting a bit more playing time with the expectation that they need to help make up for the loss of Hebard. Hopefully it's just a minor injury and not a "nagging" one as it's one thing to have someone of her caliber miss a game or two early in the season but she's a big part of the team's success.
Yes I hope it's just a garden variety sprained ankle and not a high ankle sprain which can linger for a month sometimes. SI seemed to struggle for much of the game, but she's too good of a player and had a decent last part of the game and almost got her 7 triple double.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine