Boise State @ Oregon (Friday 6:30 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Re: Boise State @ Oregon (Friday 6:30 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by Kyle's Brother »

There's something wrong when games come down to us relying on Sorkin and Smith. Easily our two worst players. Neither are pac 12 caliber players. That's 100% on Altman.

25-10 in free throw attempts, too. It's just unacceptable. Altman needs to realize that these refs are terrible, and are only going to make calls if you lean on them. It's getting to be unwatchable with the one sided officiating. It's so consistent.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Obviously it sucks to lose on a half court heave like that but still, Oregon has only themselves to blame. Until this team learns that you are actually allowed to move and hustle when you’re not dribbling the ball, they won’t go anywhere. This is a bad loss for this team. This team needs to dratically improve or else this will be a rough season. But there are so many huge issues I don’t know that these young guys are mentally prepared to improve how they need.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

total lack of defense at the end... Oh, he won't make it...we will just go into overtime.. WRONG... That was pathetic
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m not trying to insult the players, but serious question, will this team learn this season? And if so how many wake up calls will they need? I thought after UCONN we’d start seeing improvement on all of the major glaring issues but we haven’t seen it so far. Will these young guys wake up or is this the team we’re sruck with this season?
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m not trying to insult the players, but serious question, will this team learn this season? And if so how many wake up calls will they need? I thought after UCONN we’d start seeing improvement on all of the major glaring issues but we haven’t seen it so far. Will these young guys wake up or is this the team we’re sruck with this season?
I'm afraid your last sentence says it all... Circling the perimeter until 5 seconds are left on the shot clock isn't gonna hack it with this team... Definitely not against Pac12 teams... We just don't have the team chemistry to play that game
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Offense isn't this team's problem, and it isn't gonna be. We suck on the defensive end and can't board to save our lives. Doesn't help that we're 5v8 every game. Can't win shooting 33% as many free throws as you're allowing.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Elijah Brown is awful. Play the kids that aren’t done this year. Sit his 30% shooting *ss on the bench, and let the youngsters grow. I get Dana’s teams get better as the year goes on, but this kid has always been a poor shooter, and it probably won’t get better.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

It was nice seeing Boise State was the hot topic on twitter over Taggart until I realized what it was for :? :lol: :lol:
Return Of the Quack!
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I just caught the replay of the last shot on ESPN and it made me sick to my stomach. I understand that these kids are going through growing pains and will be much improved as the season progresses. However, with these early season losses mounting it's going to be a huge challenge to get back into the NCAA Tourney. With 3 losses already, that means that unless the Ducks go 12-6 in conference AND win the Pac-12 Tourney, they'll have at least 10 losses. From the way things are looking now I'm not sure that's going to happen. Crossing my fingers.
John 3:36