Oregon @ Oregon State (Friday 7 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Oregon State (Friday 7 PM FS1)

Post by Phenom »

I know there isn't a ton of talent or experience but some of this is on Dana. His rotations are bad and the team looks lost on both ends of the floor.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This game has gotten away from Oregon. They just gave up 5 points and 4 offensive rebounds on one possession. Whole team just looks lost on both ends as OSU is on a 12-3 run.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just an overall ugly shooting game. They've gotten nowhere near the contributions they need from the Browns and Pritchard.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Prichard is continuing to regress. I’m definitely not a Prichard fan.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Only people who showed up tonight were White in the 1st half and Bailey in the 2nd half.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Just bad.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon drops to 1-2 in conference play after losing 76-64. Not going to get any easier with the Arizona roadtrip coming up.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Right now, this team looks worse than even the CBI winning team in Altman's first year. They get absolutely nothing from what little veterans they do have and the FR still look like they're experiencing D1 ball for the first time.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:Right now, this team looks worse than even the CBI winning team in Altman's first year. They get absolutely nothing from what little veterans they do have and the FR still look like they're experiencing D1 ball for the first time.
Agreed, this is Dana’s worst team of his career, and Dana hasn’t helped it all that much. I’m not saying this happened, but that it Dana peaked last season? I highly doubt it though, he’s a great coach.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Right now, this team looks worse than even the CBI winning team in Altman's first year. They get absolutely nothing from what little veterans they do have and the FR still look like they're experiencing D1 ball for the first time.
Agreed, this is Dana’s worst team of his career, and Dana hasn’t helped it all that much. I’m not saying this happened, but that it Dana peaked last season? I highly doubt it though, he’s a great coach.
I think too many people (myself included) thought that Dana could work his magic once again with nearly a brand new team but the big difference with this team (versus all those past teams) is that he has no go-to scorer to lean on in tough stretches.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

For as much as Altman has said this team is easy to work with, beginning to think he's not feeling that now:
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I think you look at Oklahoma's down year after their Final Four, and you see sort of what is happening to Oregon this year. It's just hard to lose THAT many players. Hope we are able to rally and make the NIT and do well in it playing young guys.

It's time for Altman to go youth....to Bailey(over EBrown), Kigab(over Keith Smith) and cage(over MiKyle and Sorkin). We aren't going to the Ncaa's this season, best to go with youth and hope they improve.

Mckintosh/E. Brown need to sit a lot more. They are not good transfers.

Pritchard needs to develop a floater/mid range shot that's reliable for nights when his 3 point shot isn't falling. In HS he could finish at the rim, but not at the D-1 level, consistently. That's the thing missing from him being able to carry us on offense.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

and I'm not trying to be debbie downer or over react. I just genuinely think most of us have seen enough to know we probably aren't an Ncaa team this season, but that we do have a lot of young talent that can be really good before they are done are Oregon.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:I think you look at Oklahoma's down year after their Final Four, and you see sort of what is happening to Oregon this year. It's just hard to lose THAT many players. Hope we are able to rally and make the NIT and do well in it playing young guys.

It's time for Altman to go youth....to Bailey(over EBrown), Kigab(over Keith Smith) and cage(over MiKyle and Sorkin). We aren't going to the Ncaa's this season, best to go with youth and hope they improve.

Pritchard needs to develop a floater/mid range shot that's reliable for nights when his 3 point shot isn't falling. In HS he could finish at the rim, but not at the D-1 level, consistently. That's the thing missing from him being able to carry us on offense.
Eh, I understand where you’re coming from, but I just want to see players play for each other and almost everyone I’ve seen plays for themselves, which is why this team is so bad and dare I say, arrogant. Even Prichard, over dribbles and takes bad shots and has not progressed in areas he needs to to help this team. The player I’ve seen play for his teammates the most is Troy Brown. The other Brown certainly doesn’t, and he should stay on the bench. Having one occasional hot shooting game form him is not worth the crap we see all the other nights.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:I think you look at Oklahoma's down year after their Final Four, and you see sort of what is happening to Oregon this year. It's just hard to lose THAT many players. Hope we are able to rally and make the NIT and do well in it playing young guys.

Eh, I understand where you’re coming from, but I just want to see players play for each other and almost everyone I’ve seen plays for themselves, which is why this team is so bad and dare I say, arrogant. Even Prichard, over dribbles and takes bad shots and has not progressed in areas he needs to to help this team. The player I’ve seen play for his teammates the most is Troy Brown. The other Brown certainly doesn’t, and he should stay on the bench. Having one occasional hot shooting game form him is not worth the crap we see all the other nights.
The problem is, they're only gonna win games when he shoots the to it. I've been super in Dana's court the last few years, but I don't think we all recognized truly how much talent were on those teams. I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means, just that those guys deserve more praise and maybe the Dana praise should be slightly tempered. Although, he does seem to get teams to be the best they are gonna be by seasons end so there still might be a whole lot of growth to come, we just usually start seeing some of it by now and Troy Brown has definitely regressed, and it feels like Pritchard is heading in that direction.