Oregon @ UCLA

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Oregon @ UCLA

Post by nogerO »

Ducks lead 24-13 halfway through second quarter. Ducks pretty sloppy with 10 turnovers already, and can't make a layup. Neither team could hit the ocean with a beach ball if they were standing knee deep in salt water...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Re: Oregon @ UCLA

Post by nogerO »

27-23 Ducks at half. Going to have to play much better after the break to get out of Pauley with a W. 12 turnovers so far.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Were down late but got hot shooting the ball and took a lead with about 2 minutes left that was too much for UCLA to overcome.

First EVER sweep of the LA school on the road for women’s basketball.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Good play down the stretch! Looks like UCLA just ran out of steam at the end. Graves really needs to get the ball to Ruthie Hebard more, the girl shoots 67% from the field! Post her low and give her the ball!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Kind of a King of the Hill type game for the Ducks, and they ended up on top. Start out with a 9 point lead and end up winning by the same difference. Maite Cazorla, was huge all weekend for the Ducks, her patented drive to the basket ending up with a flip that goes in. Ruthie Hebert had 3 fouls early in the 2nd half, ended the game with 3 fouls, all the while battling a big, fast athletic UCLA team at the basket.
With 6:02 left, UCLA led by 4, but Satou Sabally gave the Ducks the lead, 60-59 with a pair of free throws, Lexi Bando hit a 3 to put Oregon ahead, 63-59, with 58 seconds left, and the Ducks finished it out by hitting from the free throw line. Hebert finished with 19 points, Sabrina Ionescu, on an off game for her had 18.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

duckduckgoose wrote:Good play down the stretch! Looks like UCLA just ran out of steam at the end. Graves really needs to get the ball to Ruthie Hebard more, the girl shoots 67% from the field! Post her low and give her the ball!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was really impressed with the driving layin that Ruthie had in the second half. I had never seen her dribble in from more than 5 feet before.