Arizona @ # 8 Oregon WBB (Friday, 8 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Arizona @ # 8 Oregon WBB (Friday, 8 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Merganzer »

Arizona 0-4 4-11
Oregon 4-0 15-2
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Arizona @ # 8 Oregon WBB (Friday, 8 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Merganzer »

Lackluster first half for the Ducks in this one. Arizona ran out to a 10-3 lead that Oregon covered with a 14-3 run. Oregon would keep it going and appeared to have control of he game, but a last second shot by Arizona made it 27-26 Ducks at halftime.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Oregon's talent overwhelmed Arizona as the Ducks powered their way to a 62-44 victory. A lot of players got in the game for the Ducks which is a positive note in this one. Sabrina Ionescu finished with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

The ladies, outside of SI, had a poor shooting night. Their defense and hustle and "want to win" was the difference against a team with way less talent. Better bring their shooting touch against ASU or they will get their first conference loss. Personally I think they need to feed Ruthy the ball relentlessly. She has one of the highest shooting percentages in the country and is a great free throw shooter. I guess Graves is okay with the girls jacking up threes 65% of the time, but a poor shooting night from behind the arc against a good team will get them beat. My one complaint about their coach. Other than that he's doing a great job.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Agreed. Ruthy on the block is and always should be option 1 for the Ducks. If she was a better free throw shooter she would have had 20 + last night. The amount of 3's was definitely a mistake interesting thzt Bando hit her first missed her next 7, then connected on her last 3. Sabbaly really needs to be more careful about early fouls; understand that she should not be tentative, but a lot of them are reaching, and she can be more careful about those.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:Agreed. Ruthy on the block is and always should be option 1 for the Ducks. If she was a better free throw shooter she would have had 20 + last night. The amount of 3's was definitely a mistake interesting thzt Bando hit her first missed her next 7, then connected on her last 3. Sabbaly really needs to be more careful about early fouls; understand that she should not be tentative, but a lot of them are reaching, and she can be more careful about those.
Oregon shot 36 threes and 19 inside the arc. They need to balance that out and work the ball inside more.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

nogerO wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Agreed. Ruthy on the block is and always should be option 1 for the Ducks. If she was a better free throw shooter she would have had 20 + last night. The amount of 3's was definitely a mistake interesting thzt Bando hit her first missed her next 7, then connected on her last 3. Sabbaly really needs to be more careful about early fouls; understand that she should not be tentative, but a lot of them are reaching, and she can be more careful about those.
Oregon shot 36 threes and 19 inside the arc. They need to balance that out and work the ball inside more.
They are one of the best teams at shooting threes in the country, but I made that same comment about posting up Hebert after the UCLA game. Maguire at the high post and Hebert low would be deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duckduckgoose wrote:
nogerO wrote:
They are one of the best teams at shooting threes in the country, but I made that same comment about posting up Hebert after the UCLA game. Maguire at the high post and Hebert low would be deadly.

Maguire is just too slow on defense to get too many minutes now that Satou is here.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

nogerO wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Maguire is just too slow on defense to get too many minutes now that Satou is here.
They don’t even play the same position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Main reasons Sabally is starting are she's been playing well and most teams they play have used smaller lineups, meaning that a lineup with both Hebard and McGwire doesn't work as well. Graves has said that he'll use Hebard and McGwire together more often when they start facing bigger teams.