One more recruit?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

One more recruit?

Post by bigsugarduck »

Is Oregon trying to fill one more spot? What is the word on the remaining recruits out there? I've seen some hubbub on Cherry and Williams...are they still being recruited? Williams was cleared recently and stated Oregon is still in his top 3. What about other lower ranked recruits?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Re: One more recruit?

Post by Kyle's Brother »

It sounds like Williams is still very much in play, which is kind of troubling imo. If he comes to Oregon and gets in some kind of trouble for sexual assault or something here Altman is gonna instantly lose his job.

I've heard that Jalen Lecque might be in play. 2019 top 10 recruit that could reclassify to 2018. He looks really good. Can shoot it and get to the rim and finish. Looks like a freak athlete.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Lecque-86982
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'm not sure what to think when it comes to Williams. Considering our somewhat checkered past(right or wrong, up to you) as KB stated, Altman will lose all benefit of doubt if there's any slight problems with Williams. If it was say RJ Barrett, maybe, but a top 25 recruit isn't worth the career ending risk IMO.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

What about Jordan Brown? I think Altman was still after him as well
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

northbeachsf wrote:What about Jordan Brown? I think Altman was still after him as well
Sounds like the final spot will come down to him, Emmitt Williams, and 2019 G Jalen Lecque, who is thinking of reclassifying to the 2018 class.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

On 247 they're talking about Jahvon Quinerly. That would be a crazy pick up. Plenty of red flags there, though, if not quite as many as with Emmitt Williams.

I'm counting on Keith Smith transferring, and I wouldn't be shocked if Cage did, too.

If we could bring in some more size that would be best case scenario imo. Our starting front line next season looks insane with Bol and Wooten. But after that our front court is pretty thin. I love Paul White, but he can't guard the post. He just can't. I'd be really surprised if Norris was able to come in right away and battle, too. Both of those two look like 3's at most. Nothing wrong with that at all, but we'll need some size and/or muscle.

Jordan Brown would be perfect.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Quinerly's issues are of a different ilk as they more about whether he, his family, or those close to his family took money from agents/boosters while Williams's issues are all about sexual assault, which is something Oregon has had to deal with more than it should have. If they had to take someone, it'd be Quinerly just because his baggage wouldn't potentially give Altman as big of a black-eye should things take a turn.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Am i crazy for thinking we need a point guard? Currently there's Payton, but behind him there's not much of anything.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

StevensTechU wrote:Am i crazy for thinking we need a point guard? Currently there's Payton, but behind him there's not much of anything.
I think Altman probably agrees. If we're looking for a pg we're not gonna find anyone better than Quinerly. If you read what other kids in the 18 class are saying about him... It's pretty impressive. Sounds like he's like Aaron Brooks level quick.

Wouldn't be surprised if guys like Quinerly, Bowen, Cherry, etc. end up playing overseas for a year or whatever. Sounds like the hammer is going to drop soon with the FBI stuff.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'd say Will Richardson will likely play some PG since although he's more of a combo guard, he's been playing as Oak Hill's PG this season.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:I'd say Will Richardson will likely play some PG since although he's more of a combo guard, he's been playing as Oak Hill's PG this season.
That's been my thought that Richardson and Bailey would lead the 2nd unit back court.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey starts next year and either one of Wooten or Bol is the first guy off the bench.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Phenom wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey starts next year and either one of Wooten or Bol is the first guy off the bench.
I think Bol starts from day one. Just for the simple fact that we lack size and struggle to rebound. Oregon is 1-6 against teams that have out rebounded them
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Take Emmitt Williams off the board. Committed to LSU. For the best imo. I would guess that Altman backed off for good after the sexual assault stuff. Just not a good fit here.

He's the right size to be an absolute force in college while probably not leaving too early for the NBA. Kind of short to be a one and done type player. Could be a really big name in a couple years in college hoops imo. Either way LSU just got a scary looking player.

I'd love to see Altman focusing on Jordan Brown.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Kyle's Brother wrote:Take Emmitt Williams off the board. Committed to LSU. For the best imo. I would guess that Altman backed off for good after the sexual assault stuff. Just not a good fit here.

He's the right size to be an absolute force in college while probably not leaving too early for the NBA. Kind of short to be a one and done type player. Could be a really big name in a couple years in college hoops imo. Either way LSU just got a scary looking player.

I'd love to see Altman focusing on Jordan Brown.
Gotta agree, as much as I'd love Emmitt Williams' talent in green and yellow, not after all the controversy that went down with him. Best to stay away.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13