USC @ Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: USC @ Oregon (Thursday 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by nogerO »

I had high hopes Dana could turn this turd around, and he may well yet do that, but it appears this team has no go to guy and is just soft
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

nogerO wrote:I had high hopes Dana could turn this turd around, and he may well yet do that, but it appears this team has no go to guy and is just soft
Mentally and physically; out rebounded and the Trojans got nearly every loose ball. can't finish, mostly because they don't start to go at the basket, hence the foul discrepancy. But the softness is even more on the mental side. The Ducks hardly ever look like they actually know what they're doing. on either end of the court.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

The foul discrepancy was a result of two things: One, refs didn't call any loose ball/rebounding fouls on USC, and two, we didn't get contact called for us going to the hoop.

The loose ball/rebounding no-calls were absurd. Metu and Boatwright both could have fouled out just from slapping at people after losing out on rebounds. It's not like USC is some disciplined team. They're wild. They just didn't get called for anything.

Those are the calls that coaches make for refs. Our coach doesn't make them, so we don't get them.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Anyone know why Wooten wasn’t on the floor in the final minutes, while we were getting killed on the glass and giving up layups? I think SC had four offensive rebounds in the final 3 minutes.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

northbeachsf wrote:Anyone know why Wooten wasn’t on the floor in the final minutes, while we were getting killed on the glass and giving up layups? I think SC had four offensive rebounds in the final 3 minutes.
Wooten played 18 minutes with 1 rebound and 4 points. Kigab and Smith played 4 and 6 minutes respectively and had 1 rebound each.

White played 25 minutes with only 2 rebounds, but 14 points. Wooten's main statistical contribution was blocks with 4 and that's probably not enough to use one of the front line spots when the game is on the line.

We have so many guys that don't rebound or score I think we'll be fortunate to split the remaining games and will exit early in the Pac 12 tournament. Right now the NIT looks like our ceiling.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Especially at the end of the game, USC kept driving and getting 2nd chance points. If Wooten would have been in for that stretch, I think we win.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13