Washington State @ Oregon (Sun 5 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Washington State @ Oregon (Sun 5 PM ESPNU)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

FEB 11 (SUN) 5:00 PM PT
WASHINGTON STATE
EUGENE, ORE.
TV: ESPNU

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Washington State @ Oregon (Sun 5 PM ESPNU)

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Headed up for this game. Looking forward to my first game in MKA.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Can't lose this one.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Huskies by 25, Cougars by 27, now tied with the Huskies at 7-5. The intensity in this one didn't match the level against the Huskies. Ducks started out heavy on the 3's, but gradually became a bit more selective. Not sure of the turnovers, but WSU was as careless a team as I can remember watching. Troy Brown is definitely getting more comfortable on the court, Elijah is still kind of a pitching machine set on 3's.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon takes care of business and beats WSU 84-57. Pritchard led the way with 19 points and 10 assists while Troy Brown had 16 points and 10 rebounds. Now in a tie for 4th with UW but only 1/2 game behind both LA schools.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tough schedule for the stretch run:
@ USC
@ UCLA
ASU
Arizona
@ WSU
@ Washington
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

If we can split the next three weekends – away for the LA schools, home for the Arizona schools, and away for the Washington schools – we'll finish 20-11 with a winning conference record. That's actually pretty close to what it takes to make the tournament. If we can win a couple conference tournament games or do better than .500 going down the stretch, I think we can start thinking about dancing, which would be awesome experience for our young guys.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub wrote:If we can split the next three weekends – away for the LA schools, home for the Arizona schools, and away for the Washington schools – we'll finish 20-11 with a winning conference record. That's actually pretty close to what it takes to make the tournament. If we can win a couple conference tournament games or do better than .500 going down the stretch, I think we can start thinking about dancing, which would be awesome experience for our young guys.
From watching the past couple games, the Ducks are much more active and talkative on the defensive end. It's a stark contrast to earlier weekends where people seemed to have no idea where to be and they seemed really lethargic, which seemed to influence their offensive gameplay as well.
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

I love how effective the Ducks were playing the passing lanes tonight. 100% agree about the improved intensity on D.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Hope the momentum from these past two games at home carries down to the LA schools. That’s probably the best two game span of the season for them and would be nice to parlay that into one of the infamous streaks the Altman coached Ducks teams have had over the years.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I've been critical of Altman this year but the defensive improvement is crazy!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:Huskies by 25, Cougars by 27, now tied with the Huskies at 7-5. The intensity in this one didn't match the level against the Huskies. Ducks started out heavy on the 3's, but gradually became a bit more selective. Not sure of the turnovers, but WSU was as careless a team as I can remember watching. Troy Brown is definitely getting more comfortable on the court, Elijah is still kind of a pitching machine set on 3's.
What the hell did Altman see in Elijah Brown. Dude needs to sit on the bench. No defense, no conscience when it comes to shot selection. Give the young guys the minutes. Especially Kigab. Yes he's a turnover machine right now, but maybe with more minutes he'll calm down, and he shows promise on defense.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

nogerO wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Huskies by 25, Cougars by 27, now tied with the Huskies at 7-5. The intensity in this one didn't match the level against the Huskies. Ducks started out heavy on the 3's, but gradually became a bit more selective. Not sure of the turnovers, but WSU was as careless a team as I can remember watching. Troy Brown is definitely getting more comfortable on the court, Elijah is still kind of a pitching machine set on 3's.
What the hell did Altman see in Elijah Brown. Dude needs to sit on the bench. No defense, no conscience when it comes to shot selection. Give the young guys the minutes. Especially Kigab. Yes he's a turnover machine right now, but maybe with more minutes he'll calm down, and he shows promise on defense.
He’s the definition of streaky. He’ll score 18 in a half on 6-6 3’s, then score 0 on 0-8 shooting the next. Altman does a good job of keeping him on a leash and it seems as though that leash has been getting tighter with Bailey looking to be more comfortable with each passing game. When Brown is hot though, you 100% want him on the court, but if he isn’t hitting, he doesn’t bring much else to the table and just turns into a chucker IMO.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

nogerO wrote:
I'm not sure where you get the no defense part. He communicates great, good rotations. Offensively he helps tremendously with spacing, has great court awareness and moves to the correct portion of the court to open spaces for others. You can say what you want about his shooting, and I will agree it has been very streaky, but defenders still respect it.