Pac-12 Tournament Tickets, University Allotment?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Pac-12 Tournament Tickets, University Allotment?

Post by GrantDuck »

Has anyone attended in the past?

I looked about 48 hours after tickets went on sale and there was nothing left but nose bleeds. 3rd party ticket vendors make buying tickets a scalped chore if you don't buy RIGHT on time.

In the past it looks like alumni have access to tickets. Anyone do this in the past?

Thanks.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Pac-12 Tournament Tickets, University Allotment?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Since I've gone before, I'm on presale, so I bought my tickets like a few months ago. I can't make it so I ended up selling mine.

But yeah, waiting til now will probably be hard to find good tickets. No idea on university allotment though.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

I've went 2 out of the last 3 years, we bought tickets from the university both times. Unless you are a big donor-the seats aren't great. I'm in the same situation as you are now, searching for tickets and wondering if the price will go up or down. We need a magic 8 ball to tell us the answer.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

duck92 wrote:I've went 2 out of the last 3 years, we bought tickets from the university both times. Unless you are a big donor-the seats aren't great. I'm in the same situation as you are now, searching for tickets and wondering if the price will go up or down. We need a magic 8 ball to tell us the answer.
I've been every year. Buying from scalpers was much easier at the garden arena, last year was a hassle at T-mobile. We're scalping again this year, but mostly because as you say the tickets from the University or Pac-12 aren't great. Hoping they have figured some of it out and allow re-entry so there isn't a bunch of half empty stadiums again for the 2nd game.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I do wonder what % of tickets are bought by ticket sites for resale...was shocked that the only thing left was nose bleeds, even for early sessions. Those games are NEVER full.
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

I bought tickets last year but had a last second emergency so I couldn't attend. I first listed the entire package on StubHub at face value and got zero action. So I broke up all the games separately. The first couple rounds I lost money on them. The semi's and finals I made a little, but not enough to make up for the other rounds.

The new arena they're using is quite a bit bigger than the previous arena, so that lowers pricing on most games.

So I guess I'm saying my personal conclusion is to check out StubHub and buy the games you're interested in. They even have a kiosk at the arena if you buy right before game time.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Thanks. I will hold out for the opening round games until I am there.

I bought tickets for the Semis today. Basically paid face value plus the "processing fee" and 10$ shipping. Came out to about 30-35$ over face for each seat. Not great seats, but at least not nose bleeds if aviewfrommyseat is to be trusted(usually is good).
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

My friend works in the U of P athletic department and this was his advice. At the start of March, some schools that couldn't sell out there allotment will dump tickets. Examples we could think of were WSU, Stanford, Cal, OSU. Basically, schools that know they won't get far in the tournament. That's my plan a, plan b is to wait until a few days before it starts and search the secondary market. If it was just me, I'd get scalped tickets as late as possible. Since I'm going with my dad and it's his birthday present, plan c isn't an option.