Oregon @ USC (Thu 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Oregon @ USC (Thu 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by Merganzer »

northbeachsf wrote:Hard to watch. Good teams make plays at the end of the game and average/bad teams don't.....Oregon is just not very good this year.
You can't have 3 turnovers in the last 5 possessions. Just make sure you get shots up, even if they are not great shots. That last 3 minutes was brutal.

NIT if we are lucky
Yeah, that's it. Throughout the game I just kept wondering how the Ducks wee still in it? Their best play was at the start of the game; unfortunately not good enough to get separation, and ultimately only lead by 1 at halftime. Shot clock violations, 3 that I can remember should never happen, and point to something brought up earlier about players not wanting to the ball. It's also the case that we keep urging the players to take the ball to the basket. Unfortunately, again, that isn't necessarily a good idea with this team as they are terrible finishers. White is just to slow and weak to attack, Wooten is more athletic, but really is much more confident completing a lob. PP and EB have shown they can complete an "and 1".
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Entertaining came. Was close all night, but yeah Oregon just couldn't finish it.

I wish we would have tried attacking a little more. I know it's hard with Metu down there, but there were no lob dunks and very little inside in the 2nd half.

Oh well, no tournament this year. Looking forward to next year. Hope Troy Brown stays!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Goal realistically is the #6 seed or better at the CT and then making the NIT.

Winning 3 or 4 of our last 5 is realistic still, which would put us in that position.