Oregon @ UCLA (Sat 7:15 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Oregon @ UCLA (Sat 7:15 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

For as bad as they look on offense, this team is averaging only 0.4 points less per game than last year. Biggest difference is they're giving up an average of 4.5 points more per game on defense.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Can’t argue with the effort. Sometimes it just comes down to having the horses to compete. However, I was perplexed why E. Brown was the option at the end of regulation. Even if it was truly PP that was supposed to end up with the shot after inbounding, do you believe EB was going to give that shot up, even if PP was wide open? EB can’t be gone from this team soon enough. Evidently, Mike Brown only taught his son to be a ball hog/chucker and not to be concerned about the defensive side of the court. Altman was obviously desperate when he brought in this dude.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:For as bad as they look on offense, this team is averaging only 0.4 points less per game than last year. Biggest difference is they're giving up an average of 4.5 points more per game on defense.
Altman is amazing to get that much out of this team with how they play. They are so close usually (except Stanford) because of how talented and athletic they are.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:For as bad as they look on offense, this team is averaging only 0.4 points less per game than last year. Biggest difference is they're giving up an average of 4.5 points more per game on defense.
Altman is amazing to get that much out of this team with how they play. They are so close usually (except Stanford) because of how talented and athletic they are.
Talented and athletic? This is basically a .500 Pac-12 team, with a terrible RPI, in a conference that may only have 3 teams make the tournament. Think that pretty much sums up how ‘talented and athletic’ they really are.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man both of these games could have totally gone the other way.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Kyle's Brother wrote:This season just needs to end. If I never see Keith Smith, Roman Sorkin, and Elijah Brown again, it will be too soon. Brown has probably turned out to be my least favorite duck of all time. He's a seriously bad player. Just truly terrible.

And Troy Brown... I'm with Walton. Who the f*** is projecting him as a first round pick??? I genuinely don't care if he goes after this season. He's a wing player with shaky handles and a terribly broken jumper. He's about where Dwayne Benjamin was after his junior season. He just has a bigger ego.

This team isn't fun to watch.
What could you possibly find wrong with Keith today? Played great defense, moved the ball on the offensive end well and rebounded great.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Everythingsducky wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Talented and athletic? This is basically a .500 Pac-12 team, with a terrible RPI, in a conference that may only have 3 teams make the tournament. Think that pretty much sums up how ‘talented and athletic’ they really are.
There’s a lot more to a team than being talented and athletic.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Man both of these games could have totally gone the other way.
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. This bunch can't play defense. E. Brown is a total liability and I can't for the life of me understand why DA gives him any minutes unless he promised him he would when he recruited him. Swing and a miss for Dana IMHO. NIT bound.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
That may be true but I wouldn't want to start with "a lot more" instead of talented and athletic to build a team.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck24 wrote:Elijah Brown is awful.
Kyle's Brother wrote:This season just needs to end. If I never see Keith Smith, Roman Sorkin, and Elijah Brown again, it will be too soon. Brown has probably turned out to be my least favorite duck of all time. He's a seriously bad player. Just truly terrible.

And Troy Brown... I'm with Walton. Who the f*** is projecting him as a first round pick??? I genuinely don't care if he goes after this season. He's a wing player with shaky handles and a terribly broken jumper. He's about where Dwayne Benjamin was after his junior season. He just has a bigger ego.

This team isn't fun to watch.
GrantDuck wrote:That one killed me. He had Holiday on him with 4 fouls and nobody rebounding and he jacks that crap up. The dude is just the lowest IQ basketball player we've had as a "senior" at Oregon.
Could not agree more.
GrantDuck wrote:You guys are way too negative. Tough loss, but we actually played really well from about 10 minutes left in the 2nd half. Some of our best basketball all season after we were down 11. Mckintosh had a great week.
The time when they played great was when Holiday was on the bench with the 4 fouls. I agree, Mak did have a great week.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Whoever says they don't care if Troy B. Comes back or not is not very smart. You can see the talent. He's young. He will grow and get better. I'd rather he do it with us than with an NBA team.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

So, because I couldn't coach or play on a Power 5 basketball team I can't comment, critique a player's performance? Sorry, E B, but my complaint is not that you aren't playing like D Brooks and the team isn't making a Final Four run. It's because, yeah, you've been awful. Payton, We're with you now, just keepin' it real.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
That may be true but I wouldn't want to start with "a lot more" instead of talented and athletic to build a team.
I won’t argue with that, but my main point was this team (outside of Stanford) is in it until the end when they sorta collapse, and the reason it’s close until the end, even with good teams like Zona, is because they have as much talent as those teams. This team has the talent to be much better, they just play very poor basketball, especially when it matters most.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i agree with brown and pritch insomuch that anyone who is tweeting at them is probably a massive tool. it's amateur athletics, man. people getting nasty on a player's timeline seems stupid to me.

that's why i gather with the rest of y'all on a message board to bitch and complain. at least we're insular.
ImageImageImageImageImage